And nice story Keefe, I guess you were right to say you had half a mind.

He grinned and than turned to his father,

"What do you want?"

"To have no responsibility over what happens too Kye, I have enough on my plate as it is, and some people might feel like I have to take care of her but I'd prefer against it." He said quickly and Keefe narrowed his eyes at this but nodded anyways.

"Just tell me."

For a second no one spoke, His father glanced around, Mr.Forkle stood as still as ever, her hardly said a word. Foster was leaning against the wall, a tired look in her eyes, and as for Keefe? E was waiting as if his life depended on the answer. And who knew, maybe it did.

"They young girl-" Lord Cassius started only to be interupted.

"Kye. Her name is Kye." Keefe said intently, Kye was an actual human being with a heart, and an identity, he wouldn't let his father think or say anything less. But soon he would learn just how much of a human being she was.

"Fine." Lord Cassius said, clearly annoyed.

"Kye," He said, emphasizing the name.

"Kye is your half sister Keefe." Lord Cassius said simply, as if he wasn't talking about a person, as if this wasn't something life changing. And that's why it felt like a smack to the face when he said,

"What?" Shock stunned him as he faced the reality of what he meant. But it didn't make any sense... what did this mean? Why had this happened? How...?

"Your mother had her... not sure why. I gained back a memory and no I won't tell you all of it, but I do remember Kye's birth. Knowing she wasn't my child, and I remember seeing people I'd never met before. Now I assume they were Neverseen members but than I thought they were simply friends too greet the baby." Keefe nodded at this and His father continued.

"Before I entered the room you mother talked about something with merges abilities. Apparently Kye has that, and no I don't know what her other abilities are. All I have to say is this, you mother saw me, got a washer and than I forgot. A few years later I found her on my doorstep and was allowed pieces of my memory back, it seems your mother added a threat to the memory as well which is why I didn't tell you." Lord Cassius said and Keefe backed away form his father, not sure he wanted to hear the rest.

"So I kept her here at this house for awhile, I had someone come take care of her -who shall remain unnamed- and than when I learned more about the black swan I realized they could find a better place for her, and than I wouldn't waste my time taking care of a young toddler."

Keefe gritted his teeth at his words, how could his father be so cruel?

"So I met with someone in the black swan. Not sure who but I gave Kye too them and they assured me she would be taken care of, that's the last I saw of her." Lord Cassius took a deep breath.

"We placed Kye at that house with that family because we knew she'd be able to grow up well, she needed less stress. But I go there ever couple weeks too help her with telepathy, she thinks I'm her grandfather and her parents don't even notice me when I come because I only go when they're busy." Mr. Forkle said, and Keefe processed this,
Made sense why he had that crystal. Crazy that he'd taken that one though, it couldn't be just a coincidence... could it?

"And than two weeks ago Sophie and Fitz talked about merged abilities and I remembered more about her." Lord Cassius said, once again interrupting his queries. And releasing a tense atmosphere into the room till Sophie piped up,

"So that's why you teleported away so fast!" Sophie shouted, realization coming to her eyes and shattering the tension in the room as Keefe laughed when she blushed, way too interrupt his father.

"Yes. And than I took another deal with the black swan too tell them about it." Lord Cassius said simply, turning to gaze towards Keefe.

"So... Kye was meant for the Neverseen?" He asked, shifting his gaze too Mr.Forkle.

"That's what we've guessed, yes. And they took her out because of her disability." He said.

Keefe shook his head, his mom wasn't someone to give up so quickly, and if he'd learned anything it was that she didn't lose quietly either. So that meant...

"We have to go get Kye. She's not safe." Keefe said quickly and before Mr.Forkle could stop him he took Sophie's hand and raised his crystal too the light.

~~~

"Keefe your back!" Kye yelled as he appeared in the backyard. Relief swept through him as he saw her, she was still safe!

She held Mrs.Stinkybottom in her arms and despite the smile on her face her eyes held a haunted look.

Sophie gasped behind him as he leaned down to hug Kye, he released her and turned to where she gazed.

There was only one word that first came to mind when he saw it.

No.

The word echoed in his mind over and over as he saw the house, Kye's home.

The house was lifeless, silent, as if no one had ever lived there, as if no one had ever come there, laughed, cried, smiled. The ground around was brown, unnurtured, dying at the vine.
If anyone walked near they wouldn't notice the emptiness, they wouldn't feel the fear he did.
Because they'd never know who lived there, who laughed there, loved. Not since his mother was great at covering up loose ends. Washers, murders, alliances... that's how she did things.
So they wouldn't bother remembering the people who lived there, they wouldn't take a second glance or choose too worry.

Because they'd have forgotten, it would've slipped there mind, all because of his mother and her evil plans.

But he knew.

And that's why it broke his heart when Kye whispered,

"Where's my family?"