"Dessiah I gotta go but I'll check back with you when I get a chance. Bye." He said nothing else and her screen went black. She didn't even have an opportunity to say goodbye. His behavior was a bit odd but Dessiah chose not to read into it although she wondered who that woman was considering he never mentioned being in any type of relationship. There were no pictures of anyone around his office, at least not any that she noticed. She would have noticed something like that right? Dessiah decided to put it out of her mind for now and keep him in her prayers for later. Dessiah reached for her phone and put on something to put her in a flow and get her juices going. Nas The Season blasted through the small speaker loud in her room. Bobbing her head to the Jazz infused beat and lyrically stimulating rhymes she went back to work on her proposal. Like Nasir Jones, this too was her SEASON.

/////////////////////////////

Friday

Dessiah sat in her chair behind her desk looking over media outlets that she was schedule to meet with for purchasing spots for the grand opening within the next couple of months. Her phone beeped and Paris came over the intercom.

"Dessiah?"

"Yes?"

"Mr. Simmons would like to see you."

"Okay thanks I'll be right there. Thanks."

"No problem. I'll let him know." Dessiah grabbed her booklet and headed to his office.

Reaching his door she knocked before entering. He stood playing minture gold on a small green golf green. Looking up at here he quickly returned his attention to his putt unfazed by her presence.

"You asked to see me Mr. Simmons."

"Do you know what today is?" He asked lining up his stance.

"Yes sir, it's Friday."

"Do you remember what I asked for you to have by today?"

"Yes, I have the proposal right here." He then gently hit the golf ball allowing it to roll in its rightful hole. He then looked at Dessiah incredulously.

"So then why are you just standing there like you're unsure of why I asked for you to come in here. Give it to me!" Dessiah stepped forward to hand him the portfolio and he didn't move. "You know what put it on my desk I'll look at it later." He picked up the ball and tea off to take another strike at it. Dessiah just stood there unsure of what she should do now. "Do you need me to show you how to walk out the door or can you manage to walk out all by yourself?" Detrick said sarcastically. Dessiah didn't even respond but quickly removed herself from his office or she would be sure to give him a piece of her mind. A woman can only take so much disrespect.

Thirty minutes later Paris called Dessiah on her office phone.

"Dessiah I think you did it girl!" She whispered excitedly.

"Did what?"

"Won his....well I wouldn't say respect...-"

"That's for sure because the way he just acted he definitely lost all of mine for him."

"Well you at least met some type of expectation. He's not giddy or anything but he told me to tell you be ready. He wants you to present your marketing strategy for Mr. Aiko when he visits in a couple of weeks. They're flying to this office for an update and tour of the location. You did it Dessiah nobody ever just comes in and then be asked to present to a client unless they were capable to impress and execute. Honey I'm so excited for you. Aren't you excited?" Dessiah smiled brightly in the phone.

"This is great. Thanks so much for all your help Paris I couldn't do it without your support."

"You're so welcome honey but this was all you. Now we gotta celebrate after work today. Go ahead and start preparing for the meeting. Get a jump start and I'll see you later.

"Okay hun see you later." Hanging up the phone Dessiah jumped from her chair dancing around the room excitedly. Thank you Jesus she repeated. Her moment of triumph was slowly replaced with doubt and fear. Wow meeting with a CEO who could change everything if he didn't like what she planned. Suddenly her chest became heavy as if bricks were being laid one by one on top of her. Paris words echoed in her ear. No one just came in and met with a client unless they were capable. She was capable but why didn't Detrick address her directly? Why didn't he comment on whether it appeased him to her? Was he setting her up to fail? Did he expect her to meet Mr. Aiko and be left with egg on her face? Dessiah took a seat and tried to control her breathing. She didn't want to believe what she felt but it was evident Detrick was against her and now she would pay, for what she had no idea. So she decided to be ahead of the game and take Paris advice to get a jump start, she would practically leap and being prepared. Mr. Aiko would be impressed with her if it was the last thing she did. Where was the Rosetta Stone she purchased? It's time for the game changer.

/////////////////////////////////

Awwwww shandon APOLOGIZED!!!!!! WHERE WAS HE? WHO WAS THE WOMAN CALLING HIS NAME? DOES HE HAVE A WOMAN? HMMMM WHATS REALLY GOING ON? DETRICK IS BEING A TOTAL ASSHOLE WOULD YOU AGREE? OH THATS NOTHING BECAUSE HE WILL GET WORSE BELIEVE ME I WILL BE PLAYING WITH YOUR EMOTIONS AS NORMAL,HAHAHAHAHA IN MY EVIL LAUGH. I A LITTLE PERTURBED BECAUSE ONLY A FEW PPL HAVE LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE SO HERE IT IS AGAIN FACEBOOK.COM/LOURDARDEN25 GO LIKE IT PLEASE AND REMEMBER TO VOTE