Butterflies.

"I have Quidditch practice, so I'm exempt. We have our first game soon, and I want to make sure House Slytherin destroys those bloody Hufflepuffs," he winks at me. I really want my house to win, but I also know how devastated Cedric will be if he loses the first game.

"Class is now in session!" Severus interrupts us. "Today, I will be giving you tips to prepare for your O.L.W's exam; If you want to advance to my next class, you must do extremely well." his sentence was cut off by the sound of the door creaking.

"Excuse me, Dobby, the house-elf coming through."

It was a small creature with big eyes and bat-like ears and very poorly clothed. He was holding a heart-shaped box filled with green roses.

My favorite.

"What is this nonsense?" Severus asked, clearly annoyed.

"U-uh Sir, Dobby the house-elf has been summoned to deliver this unique and rare roses to Ms. Sedona Rhode Snape."

Oh no.

Everyone suddenly turned to look at me, Cedric included. I could tell by the look on his face that he did not send me these.

Severus began examing the house-elf, "Very well but tell your Master that if he ever interrupts my class again, there will be consequences." 

Dobby makes his way towards me and hands me the box. They were beautiful, full-blown green roses shining at me. I took a whiff; loral and fresh, with delicate undertones of wine, berry, plum, apple, lemon, grass, and cloves.

"Thank you, Dobby, they are perfect" I smile at him.

"Who gave you those Sedona?" Cedric stood up, his eyes flashing angrily. I knew it was Draco, but I didn't want to say it was him.

"It was me, Diggory," Draco snaps.

God, if you're there, please kill me now.

I think about fake passing out or throwing myself out the window, but I knew neither of those things would help me now.

I can see Cedric cleansing his fist, "Why in the bloody hell are you sending my girl roses?" he trembled with rage.

I feel like I can't breathe, everything is moving too quickly around me, and as I inhale, I can smell the salt of sweat, and it catches in my throat. I need to do something now.

"Draco, shut up!" I point my finger at him, "And Cedric, he probably just gave them to me because he felt bad for charming me. Can you guys fucking stop now?" I roll my eyes and sit back down, hoping they will follow suit.

"Thank you, Ms. Snape, for your wise words; however, I will not stand for this in my classroom, so detention for all of you!" Severus hisses.

"Including, Dobby, sir?" Dobby asks.

"No, but that does include you, Ms. Snape," he glares at me.

"Dobby is leaving now, goodbye Master Malfoy," Dobby says as he walks out. Of course, Draco had his house-elf come to class and make a grand scene. It's romantic, but he obviously did it to piss off Cedric.

"As I was saying, I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate.." Severus continues, but I try to tune him out. I felt awkward, knowing everyone in the classroom had their eyes on me. I look at Cedric, and his cheeks are still flushed, and his facial muscles still rigid.

After class, I run out the door, trying to catch up with Cedric, "Cedric!" I yell.

He turns around and whispers something to his friends, and then he begins walking to me, "I have practice," he says coldly.