Epilogue

Adam

Adam

"Eva," I call her name as I hold her shoulder to wake her up. She hums, eyes closed. She pushes her face into the soft quilt, showing that she is in no mood to get up.

"Wake up," I say, removing the quilt.

She groans, opening her eyes. "Why? I just fell asleep," she whispers, looking around in search of the watch, "It's midnight, Adam."

"I know. Now get up quickly. I have to show you something," I say, keeping the quilt away so that she won't hide herself again. It's not even midnight. But about to.

She huffs, sitting up straight. "Okay." She starts climbing down the bed. That's my girl.

I smile at her. Barak also got ready as he was standing near the door, watching me wake up Eva.

"Let's go." At my word, he nods his head and trots out of the room. The rabbit ears of his fluffy pajama bounce on his head as he has covered his head with its hood.

Evalena giggles, and I know the reason. She follows Barak, collecting her long hair and making a loose bun. I follow them, shutting the door behind. Barak goes upstairs and I jog to Eva so I can hold her hand.

Can't help it.

"What do you want to show me?" She asks quietly as we go upstairs to the rooftop.

"Just wait and watch," I say as I open the door. Barak runs past me, holding the rail. Eva and I go to him and stand behind him.

Eva silently looks around and her gaze is stuck on the moon all of a sudden. "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" I say, putting an arm around her shoulders as I lean closer.

"Always," she whispers, "You wanted to show me the moon — seriously, Adam?" She frowns at me but jerks in my arms the moment we are interrupted by the loud and sudden sound. The sudden and loud sound of fireworks.

She immediately looks at the sky while Barak has started bouncing. Someone is enjoying it the most.

And my wife?

Her lips part as she beholds the mesmerizing view. Colors start scattering in the sky as firecrackers burst in celebration of the New Year. The shine in her eyes compels me not to look at the sky as they capture the whole sky in just the pure mirrors of emeralds. And her gentle smile ceases the heart beating in my chest for a moment.

Desired sweetness of this cruel love.

"Happy New Year, wifey," I say, lost in her. Such an intoxicating view.

"To you too, dear husband," she says, still looking up at the sky. Mist appears in the air as she speaks and I scold myself mentally for taking her out without a jacket. She is still in her satin nightgown.

I take out my woolen jacket and give it to her. She takes it, smiling at me. Meanwhile, Barak doesn't miss his chance to wish us and we wish him. He gets busy again admiring the view and I hear Eva murmuring, "Too big."