12; Perfect Will

When a God-fearing man loves, he loves differently.

—H.

❥⁠˙⁠๑

Her

"So how are things between you two, hm?"

Evalena's eyes are on her friend Reumah who is sipping on her coffee while shutting down her mobile to give her some attention though she never desired.

She absent-mindedly plays with a wisp of her hair, twirling it around the pen in her grip. It curls, loosely hanging but her mind is all set on her husband since she has nobody else to think about.

"Between us? Quite fine."

"Wow," Reumah exclaims, putting down her cup, "Sorry, Lena, but I had no expectations."

"You disappoint me," Evalena's answer is sharp, her eyes narrow at Reumah who laughs, throwing her head back. Evalena scoffs, putting the pen inside her breast pocket.

"Come on, I still remember what you told me after your marriage. His answer on your wedding night."

Evalena sighed, because somewhere she too lost her hope. Not because he answered her that way. But because she broke his trust. He trusted her so much. More than anyone, excluding his wife and mother. Perhaps he put them all together and such a place she reserved but lost in the blink of an eye.

And how delicate is trust that it broke all in a moment? Instead of cherishing it, she became careless.

And after that all, she too had no expectations yet she cried before God, thinking what she couldn't do maybe will be possible for Him and she was right. He made it possible.

However, her lips curl into a soft smile as she recalls that night. It became memorable for her. Those tears she shed before her God became memorable for her because now things are mending. She is seeing it all happening with her naked eyes.

You can't expect a broken person to hold you. You can't expect for the thing you have crushed under your feet recklessly but despite this all, she is receiving this all. That hold, that trust, she is getting back and here, don't say it's a coincidence. No, she can see His hand in everything beautiful that is coming into her life.

"Though somewhere I too was pessimistic, I can see us getting closer."

Reumah wiggles her eyebrows and a giggle escapes Evalena's lips. "Then why were you sad this morning?" She asks, wondering all of a sudden how she received her this morning.

"I didn't pray last night." Evalena shrugs. "He waited for me."

She means both her husband and God. They both wanted her and she is guilty of breaking their expectations.

"But then, I realized that He's forgiving. He has forgiven me and my guilt can't be greater than His forgiveness and so you see, I'm happy."

"I thought the arrival of that girl in your house was the reason for your distress?"

Evalena bites her bottom lip as suddenly the image of Nicole comes before her mind. That pleasant woman! She is such a beautiful woman with a sharp tongue who doesn't hold back from spreading her opinions before anyone and something that's true in her mind. Her dark eyes hold mirth when she talks, her smile is pleasant, her figure is light and attractive and her walk is elegant. Surely, she is indeed Nora's sister but her eye color differentiates her. Nicole has dark brown eyes and they are indeed attractive, framed by inky eyelashes. But what's the use of such heavenly features when she is such a woman who promotes strife? Especially between a husband and a wife.