09; Come Alive

God put them together.

—H.

❥⁠˙⁠๑

Her

Praying is like a battle.

Not in this physical realm but surely in the spiritual realm. The prince of this earth doesn't want you to continue your petition to your God and unless you are sinking and sinking into the eternal love of God, you'll be attacked continuously and feel like what you are doing is nothing but nonsense.

So be like an ant who is obsessed with its jaggery. It clings to it as its life depends on it, and then it doesn't matter if it dies loving the same jaggery. Love your God just like that. Love Him till the end of time like He has loved you and don't be afraid of dying in His love because, unlike this world, He promises you eternal life.

He promises your soul will resurrect on the day of judgment and you'll be accompanying Him in His kingdom where there is sadness no more, tears no more, corruption no more, and evil no more but only peace, love, and Him.

And so like anyone, Evalena, too was in the same battle unless her God put her with her life partner. Her husband; Adam.

Well, so was with Adam.

Prayer never felt this beautiful, this peaceful, and this amazing that they didn't even realize the time that passed while they were together before their Lord.

Oh, this love is so pure! This bond is so sacred. We all know women were made for men but do we dig deep enough to rejoice in the truth? No, we don't. But when we do, understanding it deeply, the truth gives her joy. It sets us free.

And so was with Adam.

Maybe he has forgotten how it felt to be with Nora when he prayed. He found serenity, and true peace with his companion to meet God. Night was his favorite time and he longed to rejoice in the company of his God.

However, the same peace seems to come alive when Evalena kneels beside him.

They held hands and prayed. For hours. Their palms were sweaty and their hearts were at peace. Silence soothed them instead of eating them from inside for the first time after years. And finally, their souls seemed to wake up again to intertwine for they were made for each other.

Since that day, they have been pulled closer to each other. And they don't even realize it. However, the feeling is beautiful. Peaceful.

"Adam," she calls him, entering the bathroom where he is shaving.

His son actually complained that he can't kiss his cheeks if his stubble remains growing. So he decides to shave it all.

He hums, applying the white thing. He looks at her through the mirror and finds his mobile in her grip that is ringing. He wonders who is calling him this morning.

"I think your friend," she says, putting the screen before him.

Keeping the brush in his hand, he takes the mobile to answer the call. Without putting the screen on his cheek, he decides to answer his friend, pausing his task.

Evalena stands beside him in case he needs help. And she is found to be right when Adam hands her the brush to assist him because the conversation also seems important to him and he doesn't want the cream to remain on his face for more than required.

She holds the lathered brush, examining it for a second. Just for a second to not look crazy in his eyes for smelling its fragrance. It smells fresh. Like aloes with the earthiness of leaves.