22; Another Side

Him

Finally, they spent the days at his house and were back to their lovely abode. Evalena and Barak spoke about his family all the way back home and Adam listened to them. Their rants were not ready to end and it all amused him. He has never seen them this lively before.

After coming back home, Barak plops on their bed and falls asleep after the long journey. Evalena lets him sleep, going to take a shower and Adam goes downstairs to get suitcases. Though he has servants, a butler, and who not? But still, most of the things he enjoys doing by himself.

He tells Liam, his butler, that he does not need to appoint the servants very soon. First, because he is disappointed with them, still keeping in mind what they think about Evalena in their heads and how they talk nonsense behind her back, and second because he wants peace in his house at least for two days before appointing them.

He so desperately wants to recruit someone else in their places from their very near so they may be jealous and realize their mistakes.

Evalena was right. It is a human tendency to judge but one should not even forget his respective limits. From a king to a slave, no one. If one comes to control, he can do it but they do not want to, and in the end, they say it is human nature.

Adam is pissed off. Does not even want to see their faces but then, Evalena comes to his mind. He has given her his word and he cannot step back from it so he is ready to give them a chance but he never said that he will appoint them for the services as soon as he is home with his family.

He is the lord of the house and he knows how to handle the lordship.

Coming back to the present, he enters his room and takes the suitcases to the closet to arrange their clothes. Starting from Barak, as he decides in his mind.

As soon as the door is pushed, he sees Evalena inside. Dressed in a robe, she is standing in front of the row of clothes, wondering what she should wear.

Adam, knowing in heart what goes in her mind, smiles to himself. Woman.

"Hey, you've brought it. Thank you so much!" She says, taking the bag and emptying it. She arranges the dresses while Adam does his task, opposite to her.

He then arranges his clothes when she calls him from behind, showing him two sweaters and asking, "Which one is better."

"Both are pretty," he answers, turning back to do his work.

She giggles, saying, "But I can't wear both at the same time, can I?"

He hums and turns around. He folds his arms on his chest after he has arranged the clothes successfully and slides the door. He eyes the sweaters and after a few seconds pass, he says, "This one."

"Okay!" She nods and puts it aside. While she turns to take out the pants and her undergarments, Adam leans against the door behind, watching her select clothes.

Once done, she turns around and finds Adam still there. Confusion masks her face and she looks down at the bag which is empty. There is nothing inside to arrange so why does he stand there still?

"You have arranged the clothes."

He hums.

"Then you should go out."

He hums again.

"So..." She trails off, glancing at the main door. Adam's lips curl into a knowing smirk.

"So what?"

"So what?" she repeats, "Go. I have to change."

"Then do it. Who's stopping you?" He shrugs innocently and her eyes widen. What a naughty husband she has gotten, she marvels inside.