10; His Warmth

His heart is close to his God, and so he knows the worth of her heart. He keeps her close, he cherishes her the way it pleases his Lord.

—H.

❥⁠˙⁠๑

Her

She embraces her child in her arms which feels safe to him when he is asleep early in the afternoon after having completed his homework and scratching his head several times for solving a few mathematics problems.

He snuggles his face into the crook of her neck as she goes upstairs with him in her arms. Her sweet homely and warm fragrance gives him comfort as he hugs her with loose arms.

She walks into the room and tugs him into the soft duvet before she makes her way to the huge glass doors of their room.

On the other side, she catches the sight of her husband who has fallen asleep while reading a book that rests in his lap. Under the bright blue sky like his son's eyes, he finds the place pleasant and peaceful enough to fall asleep without a comforter.

Evalena sighs, going to him. She needs to wake him up so he won't catch a cold for sleeping carelessly in late autumn days.

Even though the sky is bright, the weather isn't warm enough to be considered safe. But she wonders how he is always at peace around the cold. When the atmosphere is harsh and the winds even harsher, her husband doesn't seem to mind even a bit of it. She has found him fallen asleep the second time without a quilt or even a jacket. No, he is just in a t-shirt.

However, she is surely not aware of his past as how he spent those days when he literally lost the one who comforted him. Whom he loved so much that her smile was like the sun in the sky. He lost the warmth long ago.

He has experienced how a soul wanders in the wilderness, seeking shelter and comfort, and so is with him physically now. He doesn't mind being attacked by the coldness, he doesn't mind bearing it all for he has been bearing it since after his wife's death. It feels so normal now.

Her gaze caresses down his face and something inside her mind ticks. She takes her cell out and clicks a snap of them, hurriedly hiding it inside the pocket and then she decides to wake him up.

However, the book in his lap catches her attention next. It is the Holy book, the Word of the living God. Curiosity wakes up inside her to know what book he is reading.

Tugging a wisp of her hair behind her ear, she bends a little to hold the book. She holds it carefully enough to not wake him up and finds the bookmark that leads her to the page where he is.

She finds him to be at the first of Apostle Peter, chapter three which catches her interest and she reads the lines.

Here Peter speaks about the women like Sarah and husbands who honor them. As Sarah was submissive to Abraham, adorning herself not with makeup and jewelry but by beautifying her inner self. This way, a woman will win her husband's heart, for inner self is more beautiful and will be taken up to heaven while the body will decay under the layers of the earth.

A woman should be gentle in spirit along with being sensitive, putting her hope in the Lord. That makes her even more beautiful. Because what's more powerful and beautiful than a gentle and kind soul? It is like a weapon one can carry. What should be a human's main goal except for intertwining his or her spirit with God's? With this, you can win every war and get your inheritance in heaven.

In the next verse, Apostle Peter speaks about husbands, too. He gives the Lord's command to the husbands to treat their wives with understanding. God commands a husband to cherish his wife because she is his life partner in his one and only life on the earth. She may be weaker than him in physical strength but what she gives to him, to the world is worth mentioning over and over again. They are blessed, and among them, Mary was to be the most favored because she gave birth to the Saviour of this world, the Lord Jesus Christ.