06; Scribbled Fates

We're one
Our souls are entangled,
Spirits mingled
We are the will of the Lord Most High
—H

❥⁠˙⁠๑

Him

"Eva, why are you crying?" Adam's knees bend as he crouches before the little girl who is wailing.

His golden eyes examine the girl's flushed face. Fat teardrops tumble down her chubby cheeks relentlessly, trailing down her neck. Eyes red because of her reckless rubbing.

"Adam, Adam, that boy..." She points to a group of boys bouncing around the playground, making noise. Adam follows her gesture, listening to her as she complains further, "that bad boy took my baby bear!"

He sees one of them revolving a pink teddy bear by its ear in the air which makes him sigh. He throws that toy and his friends run after it.

"They look crazy!" His friend comments, giggling.

Evalena cries harder.

"Hey, stop crying!"

"Aaron," Adam gets his attention, "I'm going. Continue with Noah." He takes out his handkerchief and wipes away Evalena's tears, consoling him so sweetly that she stops crying.

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere," he says and leaves with Evalena. He gets his bicycle and takes out a helmet to put on Evalena's head but she refuses and he is okay with it.

She sits on the back seat while he's holding the handles and while his friends watch, they ride away.

"Where are we going, Adam?"

"You should've asked before coming with me, Eva. What if I'm kidnapping you?"

She laughs carelessly, her shoulders perk up. Thin straps of pink floral dress match her skin tone. The skin around her eyes wrinkles. Her teeth are all visible and her hair sways by the cool breeze of summer dusk when the sun is melting at the beauty of her smile. Her sunkissed skin is ethereal.

Adam can't help but steal a glance at her through the sideview mirror. He sets it on her face while they talk.

"You're a cute kidnapper then! And I'm ever-ready to come with you!"

He smiles, and a tint of pink coats his cheeks like the sky above.

"Why so?"

"Umm..." Her bottom lip tugs between her teeth as she thinks. Her grip becomes tight on his shirt and she says, "Because you make me happy. Because you keep me happy! You're like the sun. Always shining."

"And you?"

"Me?"

He chuckles. "Yes, you, Eva."

"I'm like the plant that needs your sunlight to bloom, Adam."

❥⁠˙⁠๑

At the age of thirteen, he went hiking with his friends. He is fond of adventures and loves nature. The beauty of nature fascinates him. The flood of words come to sweep over him as he beholds nature and he praises the One Who made this all with His righteous hand.

But that day, he saw that the sky was darker than the other days. He could assume it was about to rain. Shades of gray stood in between and the chilly wind made the trees dance there but a place he was never able to forget. A place where the trees were crooked and almost leafless.