20; Lovely Family

Her

The evening they arrived, the Dawoods were glad to receive them.

Barak ran straight into his uncle's arms as he lifted him up and whirled around. They hugged and told how badly they had missed each other. For another fifteen minutes, they were not ready to depart, letting everybody see their dramatic meet-up.

Then they were welcomed wholeheartedly by their family members. Specially their lovely Barak received countless blessings, followed by Evalena, who got their attention, as Adam's father's sister was also there for the Christmas celebration of the year.

Abigail, Adam's aunt, blessed his wife and was glad to see her, because finally, her lovely nephew was not going to live alone for the rest of his life. A widower's life is not simple, after all. The fact that he is a widower would make any woman retreat even before getting to know him if he wanted to get married again.

They talked for an hour, satisfying their hearts.

Evalena remained surrounded by the Dawoods, talking with her mother-in-law, when her husband joined them, jumping straight next to her. Not worrying about others, he lies on the bed, resting his head on his wife's lap.

It would be an underestimate to say that Evalena ignored the extra attention she received after that, along with those knowing looks. But no, she was blushing like a ripe cherry all the time, avoiding Adam's gaze which was on her all the while.

He was not listening to anyone unless someone would call his name. He only stared at his wife, breathing peacefully.

They discussed and left after some time. Barak was with his grandfather and great-grandfather all the while, accompanied by his uncle who was more childish than Barak himself, wearing artificial Mickey Mouse ears and riding the child's scooter.

His mother would scold her but he would flash his world dazzling smile and escape with Barak. Not just Ansel, Barak's uncle, but Abigail's grandchildren also made the Dawood mansion echo with the loud and lovely giggles of innocent kids.

Now, being amidst such a lovely family, Evalena paid less attention to Adam. She was with her mother-in-law mostly, learning new things. She wanted to see her, already, because her mother-in-law never made her feel distant, rather, like her own daughter.

The day passes in a blink of an eye and finally, when it is night, Evalena comes to their room, half sleepy, after they have prayed together, holding hands, and it feels more alive to be among more people who sang praises to the Lord and worshiped Him for an hour, followed by deep petitions.

She closes the door behind herself and the next, she is taken in a warm embrace, followed by a soft thud, indicating that the door is now closed.

"Adam," she almost whispers in amazement, gaping at him.

He hums, "I missed you," he says, kissing her cheek.

She smiles, closing her eyes for a brief moment, as long as the touch on her cheek lasts. "We're in the same house," she giggles, shaking her head.

"Yeah, but you were away from me," he reasons in a lazy tone, trailing kisses down her neck that her breathing labors.

"Your family is so lovely; I couldn't get enough," she whispers, clutching his shoulders. Her eyelids flutter close as he takes her earlobe between his lips, humming a melody in her ear about which she is not aware; she just knows it is hypnotizing. But a gasp leaves her lips when he suddenly lifts her in his arms.

He chuckles, looking at her surprised expression. "Well, I am aware, but you shouldn't forget your husband, should you, dear wifey?" He takes her to the bed and puts her down gently, hovering over her and continuing the assault on her neck and jaw.