Chapter 14: The Shopping Spree

The quickest way to know a woman is to go shopping with her.

-Marcelene Cox

Leila Fiorenza's POV

After a hearty lunch and a little scene between my new bestie and another abnormal Spanish billionaire inside the cozy little restaurant here in Seville, I formally met Leandro's bodyguard.

"Leila," He said casually, performing the introduction. "This is my trusted bodyguard, Diego. He will help you with your shopping."

"Hello," I greeted with slight sarcasm. The man in question merely bowed in my direction and said nothing in return. So stiff just like his employer and probably loyal to him too. I think I need to modify that loyalty to me.

"I need to go now, wife." He announced as he move closer to me. His trusted bodyguard automatically averted his gaze from us while Leandro placed a light kiss on my lips. "Should I say 'Have fun'?"

"You could say that." I grinned at him playfully. His bodyguard and I watched him ride to his car silently.

Once he was inside the driver's seat he rolled his window down. "I will see you in the estate before dinner." He looked seriously to Diego. "Take good care of my wife."

I waited for him to drive away before I looked at his trusted man. I tucked my hands in the middle of my chest preparing to set down the rules here. I don't want him reporting everything back to his employer. "Let's get some facts here, shadow."

"Pardon, Your Excellency?"

I shivered at the way he address me. I need to convince him to work for me instead of Leandro. Oh, I'm very good at pursuing people to work for me. "Let's make it clear. I don't want you to report my every moment to the Conde. Are we clear?"

He avoided my gaze and murmured. "I think I don't understand what you are talking about, ma'am. I'm just here to help you with your purchases and to be sure that you are not in any harm."

Yeah, right. I thought silently. Studying at him now silently I notice that he's quite a handsome man in his late twenties. I wonder how long he's working for Leandro already.

He must be uncomfortable about my scrutinizing gaze when he asked me. "Are you ready, Your Excellency?"

"I thought you'd never ask." I started to walk in the streets scanning from the glass windows of the designer shop that might catch my attention. So far I could only see the old fashion design that Leandro seems to like. Finally, a design that fitted my taste was on the display in the designer shop.

I automatically entered the boutique and the saleslady greeted me with a smile and helped me fit the clothes that caught my attention. Clothes after clothes I've tried and fitted, I love everything. While Diego patiently waiting for me outside the store an evil thought crossed my mind.

What if I sneak away from him? I asked silently as I discreetly look at him from the glass window. From his well-built form, he's in shape for running around the city searching for a crazy woman like me.

No, I shook my head in resignation. I instantly placed my hand to slightly bump my belly. I can't risk my baby's safety just to get away from Leandro's shadow. For now, I need to endure his presence around me.

"Everything all right, ma'am?" The efficient saleslady asked me when she noticed that I'm frowning.

"Yeah," I reassured her with a smile. "I'll take everything I've fit along with those bags over there."

The woman's eyes nearly popped out of their socket. "Everything?"

"Yes," I answered her with a grinned on my face. While the woman sorts my purchases in the counter area. I knocked on the glass window to get Diego's attention. I gestured for him to come inside to help me with my procurement.