Chapter 21: The Trip

All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.

-Martin Buber

Leila Fiorenza's POV

The next morning, I knocked at the wooden door before letting myself entered his study room on the far end of the corridor on the second floor.

"What?" He barked at me as soon as I enter his study room. He only lifted his eyes from the documents he'd been reading to snarl at me before focusing them again on those blasted papers. "What do you want? Are you, here again, to spout nonsense to me again about her?"

 I held up my hands in silent surrender about his outburst early this morning. Before we arrived at the estate last night we concluded that we were officially not talking to each other. I didn't know if I would feel relieved or sad at the fact that the promise of punishment to me in his bed was postponed.

Sleeping on my own bed last night made me realized that I cannot force him to face the issue with his mother. I need to earn his trust that and let him see that it's the best thing for him see his mother again.

"Easy, Your Excellency," I told him with a winsome smile on my face. "I'm here not to push that issue anymore. I came here to ask for a truce and an apology. I want to have a short trip in town with you if you're not that busy."

For a moment he just stared at me. Probably debating if his hearing is correct. I cannot blame him, I don't usually ask him for a trip in town even when we'll still have our affair in the past. "Are you playing a game with me? Or perhaps, you are plotting something again, Leila?"

I raised an eyebrow in his direction as I spread my arms showing him that I don't have anything to hide from him. I moved even further in his study room until I reached his study table. "That's quite harsh, Leandro. I came here with a completely innocent invitation for a trip to town. I assure you I didn't plan anything evil—though that can be arranged later tonight if you want."

He studied me for a moment, rubbing his jaw. A quiet smile played on his lips. "Are you seducing me, cariño?"

I gave him a wicked smile as I gripped each side of this wooden table. I made sure that he got a good glimpse of my cleavage in the process. I nearly laughed when his eyes automatically settled his gaze on the swell of my breast. "If that what you want to think, darling."

"Has anyone told you before not to play with fire, Leila?" He asked with a dangerously low voice that made me shivered.

I flashed a self-satisfied smiled in his direction. Men are simple-minded creatures before they know it they were already playing in the palm of your hand. And this husband of mine is not exempted in that description. "I can handle fire, Your Excellency. If you will join me for a trip in town I believe you will love it."

He surprised me when he suddenly stood from his chair and copied my position on his table until our faces were mere inches apart from each other. I will not back away however my heart galloped right this moment. He smiled wolfishly in my eyes. "If I didn't know better I would assume that you are asking me for a date."

"Think what you want," I whispered seductively, staring deep into his magnificent golden eyes. "Are you coming or not?"

"Where do you want to take me exactly, may I know?"

I smiled sweetly in his direction. I knew I was making progress here. "Seville, so we could be back by the evening. Perhaps, we could spend the night in your villa in town."

"I have a better idea, darling." He said with a devilish grin on his handsome face. "Go and pack clothes good for a few days. We're going to have a holiday."