Chapter 13: The Lunch

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

-Milton Friedman

Leila Fiorenza's POV

Once again my brain stopped functioning due to this man. One moment I explained the fashion commandments to him—and the next he's kissing me senselessly in the middle of the streets here in Seville.

When he's finally satisfied when his testosterone urges, he let go of my face and smiled down at my stun face.

I smiled pleasantly in return in his direction. I felt that my jaw would crack at the effort. "Next time you do that stunt in front of such a crowd, darling. I promise you that I will cut your manhood."

"So murderous, mi esposa." He grinned down at me. I could see that his gold eyes were still clouded with desire. "Can't I kiss my own wife?"

"No," I answered him as the pleasant smile on my face was still in place. To the other people in the streets, we might seem like having a perfectly normal conversation than threatening him with his maleness. "You cannot just kiss me in broad daylight in the middle of a busy street."

He spread his hands slightly as if showing me that people around us don't mind our heated kiss. "People will just assume that we're on honeymoon, maybe. That we're newlyweds that we can't stop touching each other."

"Yeah, right," I replied skeptically. "That's just your observation, Leandro."

He shook his head in resignation. "You are impossible, Leila. Why do you have to fight me in everything when I'm in your company?"

I raised my chin in his direction, a sign of defiance. "That's me. I like to mess with other people. That's my personality you'd better get used to it if you want this marriage to last."

He gave me a warning look but before he could retort to my statement about our marriage his mobile phone sounded that made me feel annoyed remembering my own phone that was now at the bottom of the cliff thanks to this horrible man who couldn't control his temper.

"Excuse me, wife." He said with a slight frown on his strong eyebrows. "I have to take this. It's my secretary."

"I will move a little farther to my irritated wife if I were you, darling," I warned him sweetly as he slid his finger to the screen of his device. "Because she's liable to throw your phone as far as her strength could carry to get even to you."

He scowled in my direction as he started to walk away from me. "Are you still mad that you throw your phone below the cliff?"

I placed both of my hands on each side of my waist. "Yes, you have no right to throw it. That phone is mine!"

"Wait a moment, darling." He said as he placed his mobile phone in his ear. "But I have to take this first. This will not take long, I promise." I watched him keenly as he took the phone call a little far away from me. I happened to notice the coffee shop across the street. I saw a trio of women sitting outside the coffee shop looking at him with such wistful longing.

I snorted. Wherever he went he's really the subject of woman's fantasy. Too bad, he's a tyrant and he's not taking no for an answer.

"What? Now?" I heard him replied on the line as he glance briefly in my direction. "All right, fine. I'll go now."

I raised my eyebrow in his direction as he ended the phone call. He walked back to where I patiently waiting for him. "Problem?" I asked as soon as he stood in front of me.

He rubbed his nape warily. "I'm sorry. I know that I promise to help you buy your new wardrobe but an emergency happened in the office. My presence needs there immediately."