Chapter 9: The Wife

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

-Lana Turner

Leila Fiorenza's POV

I watched the retreating form of that sneaky devil as he went out of my room. My brain started to plot my revenge to his dirty tactics in his campaign of seducing me. I would not give him the satisfaction of manhandling me whenever he wants.

Before he could reach the door he threw a death glare to his younger sister before walking out of my room without a backward glance. Once he was out of sight and the wooden door of my room firmly closed Lucia turn around to face me. She gave me an apologetic smile. "Sorry to barged in without notice."

"It's okay," I reassured her with an answering smile. "Glad you visit me."

Lucia moved closer to where I stood and glanced at the clothes I lent to her while scattered on the sofa nearby the bed. "Oh, I see that my brother asked someone to get your clothes in his villa in the city."

"Yeah," I looked at my favorite clothes warily. My denim shorts started to get too tight for my waistline. A few more weeks I would not be able to fit in these shorts anymore.

"Whoa!" Leandro's younger sister exclaimed. "I like the statement you have on your t-shirt, sis. I wonder what my brother thinks about it when he reads it. I want to see his reaction when he noticed the words written on your t-shirt."

I grinned at her. "My twin sister gave it to me a few years back. She told me when she saw it she knew that it suits me very well."

"You have a twin sister?"

I smiled remembering my newly married twin sister. Hard to believe that she married a man like Nikos Pallis. I always thought that she would marry her childhood love. "Yes, we're an identical twin. Many had been saying that we're the mirror images of one another."

Lucia sighed wistfully, her amber eyes held a bit of sadness in their depth. "It must be great to have a twin sister. You know, you share everything."

"Actually," I told her with a rueful smile on my face as I sat on the bed. "We might resemble one another but that's the only thing we share the same."

Her amber eyes widened in my direction. "Truthfully?"

I nodded with a twitched smile on my lips. "We're different as day and night. My twin sister, Laila, was straight as an arrow while I'm the twisted—the rebel one."

"I want to meet your twin sister," Lucia announced cheerfully. "She seems like a nice person."

"She is," I agreed, staring at her pretty face. "I'm very sure that she would visit me here sooner or later. She always worries about my wellbeing she thought that I can't take good care of myself."

"Your twin sister just loves you."

"I know," I answered happily, staring deep into her expressive eyes. "She is currently living in New York with her Greek husband."

"True love, is it?" My sister-in-law inquired, sitting beside me on the huge bed like we've known each other for years instead of few hours only.

I chuckled, as I rub my slightly bump belly. "You could say that. They met in the most unusual way a woman can meet her future husband their love story can rival a movie drama. But one thing is for sure her Greek husband was very jealous—in fact, my brother-in-law was the one who put a bruise on Leandro's face yesterday."

Lucia's hands flew to her mouth. "Oh my goodness! What happened?"

I grinned mischievously in her direction, as I look at her animated face. "How far surprised you can take in one day, sister?"