Chapter 2: The Identity

All discomfort comes from suppressing your true identity.

-Bryant H. McGill

Leila Fiorenza's POV

I was confined inside the limousine on our way to Leandro's villa in Seville with me were my brother-in-law's best buddies. I still don't know what to feel about this sudden trip to Spain when two months ago I left him without notice.

I instinctively placed my hand to my slightly bumped belly. I'm positively sure that he would notice my belly once he laid eyes on me again not that I could blame him I'm already entering the second trimester of my pregnancy of course it will be visible to him by now since he often sees me naked before almost every day when he's in the villa.

Once I see him again and he asked about my pregnancy do I need to tell him the truth? But then again he might just assume that this baby belongs to the man I will marry tomorrow. I slowly stared at the vintage engagement ring in my left hand. Rafe told me that this ring belonged to his late great-grandmother.

"If I were you, Signorina." The man who sat beside me in the back of the limousine broke the painful silence inside the limousine. Nikos briefly introduced him to me a while ago as Marco Orsini. "I will tell the driver to stop this car and buy in one of these designer shops a pretty mourning dress. Because once we reach that Spaniard he is good as dead when that beast wearing suit gets his hands on him."

I gasped at his words while the other man with a pair of grey eyes shot a deadly warning to the man in question. "Don't say such words to the woman, amico."

"Why not? It's the truth." Marco Orsini shrugged, his eyes held devious glint in their depth. "I just want to prepare her for the worst-case scenario."

The man with a pair of beautiful grey eyes looked at me apologetically. My brother-in-law introduced him as Lucca Cavelli, Duke of Caprielle. "Please, don't mind him like I always do. You will get used to his manner eventually, Signorina."

"I'm completely serious with my suggestion, little one," Marco stated with an evil smile playing on his lips. "You don't know your brother-in-law as I do. He's a beast when he was pissed off. The Spanish count sealed his fate when he accidentally abducted his wife."

"Spanish count?" That got my attention. I instantly looked at the man sitting beside me. "Who are you talking about?"

He looked straight into my eyes and said casually. "The man who kidnapped your twin sister, Don Leandro Salazar, Conde de Parama."

My eyes widened about the information. I didn't know that he was a Spanish count during the time of our affair. I thought that he was just a rich businessman. I never realized that he has a title in his name. Now I got why he was so angry when I left him. Because no one walked away from him probably women worshipped him to the ground.

"I wonder who did you managed to get that kind of information, Marco," I asked conversationally, trying to hide my shock from the bomb he just dropped to me.

"Ah, that's because I have sources, princess." He had the nerve to wink at me playfully. I shook my head in resignation. This man was a certified charmer. "It seems that I am destined to search for their missing wife now and then. If you lost someone you can always contact me, Signorina Fiorenza."

"That's a pity." For the first time, Nikos joined the conversation. "Because it seems that you haven't found your brain yet, Marco."

He scowled to his friend darkly. "That's low, Nick."

"Oh, really?" My brother-in-law countered. He fished out something in his suit pocket. "What is Francesca's number? Do you know, Your Excellency?"

"Why do you want my wife's number?" He asked Nikos with a frown on his handsome face as he stared at him straightly.