Chapter 16: The Warning

Remember that life's big changes rarely give advance warning.

-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Leila Fiorenza's POV

"You know wife," He said when silence filled his bedroom. A twitched smile form on his sinful lips. "You are not the type of woman who likes to keep silent after such scene you just witness. Now I'm more petrified than my fall on Thunder."

I smiled pleasantly in his direction as I cross my legs together in the chair beside his bed. "I don't know what are you talking about, husband. But I word of advice if I may?" I moved closer to where he reclined on the headboard of the bed until our faces were only inched away. "If you have another tête-a-tête with your sister-in-law, be sure to lock the door so there are no other people who could hear your private conversation. What I hate the most is making me look stupid."

Instead of retorting to my outburst his golden eyes merely heated. He smiled wolfishly in my direction and that moment I realized my mistake when his uninjured hand sneak at my back and drew me even closer to him. "Have I told you that you're achingly beautiful when you're jealous, mi amor?"

As much as I tried to stop the stain that spread to my cheeks I couldn't help it. So I just glared at him. "You selfish arrogant son of a bi—"

Before I could comprehend his next move too late. He already crushed his mouth to mine and slowly seducing my brain with his addictive kisses. He ruthlessly slipped his tongue inside my mouth—his tongue! The last time he did that we spent hours in bed. I want to struggle to be freed from him but I don't want him to get hurt in the process so I have no choice but to be stuck in such a position.

"You..." I said breathlessly after he was finally satisfied with his onslaught to my mouth. I could swear that my lips were now puffy from his kiss.

He smirked in my direction as his thumb slowly tracing my lower lips sensually. "Have you forgotten my lovely wife? One insult. One kiss."

"You..."

I didn't know what happened but when I realized it I was already atop of him and I could feel his growing arousal between my thighs. "Do you want some action, wife? I can still perform well. Want to try?"

I glared at him vehemently. "Leandro Salazar!"

His uninjured hand traced my bottom seductively. Oh my God, Leila Fiorenza. I told myself silently. Fight the temptation of this devil. You can do it I have fate in you.

"If you didn't stop that hand," I warned him seriously as I stared at his passion clouded eyes while that hand continued its exploration in my rear. "I'm going to break that hand myself, Leandro."

"Go ahead and try." He invited gamely, as his touch became more aggressive. The devil stroked my feminine core. I nearly jumped on my bone at the sudden gesture. "I want my wedding night, Leila."

"Leandro..."

"It's been so long, mi dulzura." He whispered while he trailed little hot kisses in my neck. He's good at this. Seducing me with his kisses and touch, I need to get away from him, or else I would find myself naked. "I miss you..."

If he was going to play dirty so was I. "I have a proposition to you." I smiled mischievously in his eyes as I move even closer to the hard contour of his body. "I will reconsider your campaign of getting your wedding night but in return, you will let me come home to Sicily for a few days."

The swiftness in him changed instantly. The seducer was finally gone—at least for now. It was replaced by this tyrant man who glared at me fervently. "No! I will not let you come home alone. If you want to go back to Sicily I'm coming along with you."