Chapter 4: The Argument

Arguments are extremely vulgar, for everyone in a good society holds exactly the same opinion.

-Oscar Wilde

Leandro Salazar's POV

"Smile, querida. You will not marry that man because you are going to marry me instead."

"What?" When I told a woman that she should marry me this was not the response I expected. I looked at the beautiful woman standing in front of me. Dios mío, I couldn't believe that she played me for a fool in the months that we were together. She introduced herself to me as her twin sister.

What a deceitful beauty.

I took a deep breath, for now, I would let it pass. There is now a life growing inside her, I don't want to risk the health of my child by stressing her. So I reassuringly smiled at her. "Since you want to give our baby a complete home as I do. The most logical thing we do is tie the knot."

"Are you out of your mind?" She asked as her eyes snapped with fire.

I frowned a little at her response. She was still as feisty as ever, the perfect partner for me. "What makes you say that?"

"Let me remind you, Leandro." She replied vehemently, her eyes shot daggers in my direction. "This is not medieval times when people need to get married just because the woman is pregnant. We are now living in the twenty-first century. People now can raise their child without wedlock."

"I'm still old-fashioned when it comes to marriage, mi dulzura." I smiled wolfishly at her beautiful face. "I want to raise our child in the sanctity of matrimony. I don't want society to question his paternity in the future once he starts attending school."

She glared at me so passionately, as she put her hands on each side of her waist. The stance that was ready for a battle. "No one will question his paternity because they know that you are his father."

This was what I like about her. The rebellious streak of hers that's a mile long and she doesn't want to be cowed to anyone. She was the perfect woman to share my life with. A life with her would never be boring. If she just could see it. "Still, I want him to carry my name."

"You can still give it to him."

I started to lose patience talking to this woman. I decided to try a different tactic and attacked her conscience. "Do you want our child to grow up as an illegitimate, Leila?"

"No..." She muttered softly as she looked away from my gaze. "But you might still have legitimate children in the future."

My eyes widened in her direction. I don't think I understood what she's talking about. "What the hell are you talking about? Make sure to explain it well, Leila. Because it seems that I don't fully understand what do you mean."

"What I'm saying is..." She sighed heavily and flashes those unreadable eyes to me. "...sometime in the future you might find a woman that you will fall in love with and you will marry her and have your own family with her."

"Do you hear yourself, woman!" I fired at her while she slightly cringed. Did I raise my voice so much? I haven't noticed. I was busy preventing myself from throttling that pretty neck of hers. "What the hell are you talking about? Are you drunk? I don't want to marry someone else. It's you that I want to marry."

She looked straight into my eyes in annoyance. "Why just because I'm pregnant?"

"Yes, damn it!" I run my hand through my hair in frustration. Why talking to her was this hard? Why couldn't she see that it's the perfect solution? I asked myself in irritation.