Chapter 6: The Wedding

There's a big difference between falling in love with someone and falling in love with someone and getting married. Usually, after you get married, you fall in love with the person even more.

-Dave Grohl

Leila Fiorenza's POV

"Smile, querida. It's our wedding day."

I gave him a fake smile as I slid out to his silver Pagani Zonda. I made sure that he knew how false my smile was. One of these days I will lend the key to his baby. It looked so fun to drive this thing, my hand itch to behind the wheel of this car.

"Come, the mayor is waiting for us to perform our wedding ceremony, my darling," Leandro said cheerfully as he placed his hand in my waist securely.

I glanced at his eyes that were obscure behind the pair of sunglasses. He's devastatingly handsome man. I could not deny that every female outside the city hall stop and look at him wistfully. "As if, I have a choice."

"Oh, cheer up." He said annoyingly, guiding me to the entrance of the huge building. Once we were inside a woman efficiently dressed walked in our direction with a smile on her face.

"This way please, Your Excellency."

"Wow, such precedence," I commented acidly as we follow the woman on the second floor of the municipal hall of Seville, probably our destination was the office of the mayor here. I don't know if I would be surprised by the importance they gave him not that you could blame them. He was a count, after all—that alone was enough for them to worship him to the ground.

I glanced at his confident stride as we walked in the hallways. I couldn't help but remember my conversation with Rafe yesterday...

"It's me, Rafe," I said in a slightly unsteady voice when he finally answered his mobile phone. "I need to talk to you."

"What is it, Leila? Your father said that you left without notice. Where are you?"

I closed my eyes as I stared at the enormous engagement ring that was studded with diamonds. It glinted so much when it was caught by the sunlight. "I'm in Spain right now."

"Spain!" Rafe said on the other line. "What are you doing there?"

"There's a slight mishap," I answered, swallowing hard. I don't know how to break the news to him that I need to call off our wedding tomorrow. "You see when I runaway two months ago I had an affair with a man..." I cleared my throat. "...and that man, as you probably guessed by now was the father of my child. He mistakenly kidnapped Laila in New York thinking that she was me."

"What?"

I stared outside the beautiful mansion owned by Leandro and look at the garden. He left again because there was an emergency at his office. He reminded me firmly that it was futile to escape this place because his bodyguard named Diego was here to watch my every move. "So it's only an automatic reaction to come here and save Laila and tell him that he got the wrong woman."

"Oh, is that so?" Rafe said with a sigh of relief in his voice. "What do you want me to do? Do you postpone the wedding for a few more days? Until you get back here?"

I paced the bedroom nervously. I don't know how to break my bad news to him. I knew the reason for our union was completely heartless to other people. He needs my family's money and I need a secure home for my unborn child.

I know what to expect from our union but now...

"Leila?" He inquired on the other line. "Are you still there?"