Chapter 8: The Bedroom

Real intimacy depends on truth - lovingly told - especially in the bedroom.

-Joyce Brothers

Leila Fiorenza's POV

"Here's your tote bag that we left in my house in the city, mi esposa..."

I froze in my place when I saw Leandro barged into my bedroom without knocking on the door. Here I was in the middle of the room only wearing my underwear after taking a shower to clear my head. I raised an eyebrow in his direction. "Enjoying what you see?"

I saw him swallowed hard as his audacious stare raked in my body.  I could feel his eyes burn through my body. "Yes."

"Just tell me when you're done staring," I told him sarcastically. I showed him that I was not concern by the way he boldly stared at my half-naked body in the middle of my bedroom when in truth I want to cover myself immediately.

"Sure, no problem." He answered as he feast his eyes on my body. "Can I also touch querida?"

"Sure, no problem." I echoed sweetly, smiling in his direction pleasantly. "But I can't promise you that I will not break your hands in the process."

He frowned in my face. He finally managed to remove his eyes from my body. "So violent woman."

"You have no idea." I smiled at him as I took my bag in his hands. "Thank you for the delivery, Leandro. You can go now."

"That's it? You're throwing me out?" He asked in irritation, as he scowled in my direction.  But that look doesn't affect me. "You are not going to invite me for a coffee or something?"

I smiled at him rebelliously as I search inside my tote bag for my clothes. "This is my room, Your Excellency. I have the right to throw anyone who is inside my room. Besides, if you want coffee you can ask a maid to make one for you. I'm Leila Fiorenza. I do not make coffee for anyone. I'm a princess, after all."

He eyed me exasperatingly. "That's not what I meant and you know it!"

I cocked an eyebrow in his direction as I stared at his glowering form. I enjoyed seeing him frustrated towards me. "Really?"

He took a deep breath as he rubs his nape warily. "All right, fine you win. I will leave you now in peace to dress alone."

"Thank you very much for the gallant gesture, Your Excellency," I said sarcastically as I dug inside my tote bag for clothes that I would wear for the rest of the day. When I saw him from the corner of my eyes that he still stood rooted in his place my eyes narrowed in his direction. "What?"

"Can we not share a bed again, Leila?"

I scowled in his direction fiercely. He still doesn't get it, does he? I would not let him have everything he wants. I would show him that marriage to me was hell. I would show him that our marriage would only be miserable and the sooner he realized it the sooner he would grant me the divorce that I want. "No."

"Why not?" He asked seductively, he started to move closer from where I stood half-naked beside the bed. His eyes glowed like a hot liquid of gold. "I think if we share a bed—if you want right this moment—I think we will both enjoy it, mi esposa. There's the bed waiting for us."

"No," I told him firmly. I would not fall for his seduction ever again. Our current situation was nasty enough to get tangled again with him. However, tempting his offer to me right this moment. "We're not going to share a bed again, Leandro. I told you our marriage would be based on papers only. Besides, what will your ex-girlfriend think since she's living with the same roof as us?"