(11) Arcane

For everyone to just shut up for a second.

That was exactly what I needed after everything that had been going on. So where did I go? The library. Everyone stood away from each other, it was silent, and there was food nearby.

What was there not to love?

New Message:
Big toe
Text me when you're done. I'll pick you up.

I looked away from the book I was reading and replied to his text with a thumbs up. He was going to text me in an hour or so to make sure I was okay, I just knew it.

I put the phone down on top of the page I had been reading and looked around. 

I was sitting at a long table in the center of the library with my bag next to me in an empty seat. My chin was propped on my hands as I unenthusiastically looked around. Had I earned a few stares and whispers while I was here?

Definitely but I couldn't bring myself to care. It wasn't like I was here to please everyone but myself.

I looked back down at my book and close it. Although I was enjoying it, I thought it would have been more realistic to grab a book from here since I was surrounded by them.

Putting my book back into the bag, I grabbed it and swung it onto my shoulder holding it at the top so it wouldn't fall.

Something about the library made me feel so at home. 

The satisfaction of when the pages skimmed each other as your fingers turned the next page of the adventure. The decomposition smell of the old vanilla musk the pages would release was a pure pleasure for my soul.

My fingers grazed the spine of the books as I strolled through the young adult section looking for something I would be interested in.

I never had a specific genre I read or preferred. 

When my dad was still in my life, he would lock me in my room and throw random things at me including books and CDs. Smart for giving me CDs in a room that didn't have a tv.

For being such a vile person, he wasn't the bright bulb in the dark.

After sighing frustratedly from not finding anything interesting, I decided to go look at the mangas and light novels. God did those authors and illustrators know how to make me feel emotions I didn't even know I had.

Walking up to the small section, I couldn't help but smile lightly. 

I'm too easily satisfied.

I stopped at the edge of the bookshelves bending down to look at the colorful spines. Dancing my fingertips across their tops, I scanned my eyes across until I found the one I was hoping they would have.

It was about a teenage boy who finds a notebook that could kill whoever's name he wrote inside. If that didn't scream interesting I don't know what does.

I opened it and began reading it as I walked by the open aisles.

This chapter was intense.

The boy agreed to work with this girl, who also had the notebook and was insanely obsessed with him, just to have some kind of magic eyesight from her.

The poor girl was getting played.

I looked up briefly to make sure I wasn't going to bump into anyone but as I walked by an aisle, I saw a familiar shade of ash-blonde.

I reversed, walking backward still holding the book in my hand, and peeked into where I saw him.

He stood there, his back turned to me looking down at what I'm guessing was a manga or something.