(43) Kefi

TW: talks of Blood, sadness, death, bittersweet feeling like dark chocolate.

Since I have 3 AP test coming up that I am not ready for, we're going back to one chapter a week for a bit.

BUT

If we get 15k views and 1K votes on Ikigai, I'll post the chapters early plus the Senya x reader earlier or extra side chapter.

Ily take care of yourself before I have to yell at you to >:(

***

You know, dying today wasn't something I had planned.

It's inescapable for everyone, of course. I didn't think I'd have to be worrying about it at seventeen, almost eighteen.

When it happened, there was a kinda rush to it. Maybe that feeling that skydivers felt when jumping out of a plane or shooting the winning goal at some big-ass championships.

Not that I have ever felt either of those or like I will anytime soon.

A few minutes ago, I was at the grocery store. Stuck in the baking section looking for my sister's favorite cake flavor so Nejire and I could make it for her. Even grabbed an ice coffee bottle so she wouldn't complain about her coffee withdraws. It didn't matter if she passed or failed the test.

Who honestly gives a fuck when she was achieving goals that some couldn't.

When I was paying, I complimented the older lady on her pins. She grinned, gave a story on how her grandchildren gave them to her. I stood there the entire time because her story made me smile )I know, so manly of me). But she ended up giving me half off my items and I didn't want to spend it aimlessly so I paid for the person behind me.

But here I am now. Ten minutes later, bleeding, bruised. Like some morbid water fountain. I shouldn't joke about that. 

The patches that I so desperately tried to retouch were ripping open.

Death was awaiting me. Yet I wasn't ready for that.

There was much more to look forward to. A life beyond the one I knew that could have been better with time. But it seemed like that time was running out.

My body and mind were different.

My body: seconds away from becoming limp, lifeless. The spew of everything I held in coming out within the seconds of being stabbed.

My mind: holding onto the last memories I had as if I were rewinding a movie. Taking in this situation as a dream I'd soon wake up from. Like pinching myself would bring me back to my dorm with Nejire at my side.

But one of those two had to win, or already had for that fact. Because the reality of it was that'd maybe never give my sister another ice coffee. Nejire would walk to class alone or with another guy by her side.

Dying met I'd miss out on a lot now.

I'd miss the moment my sister would come back from her test. Miss the moment she'd graduated and eventually get married to Katsuki. We all know they were made for each other.

I'd miss all the milestones I promised to be by her side for.

I'd break my promise.

For her, I was her top and only supporter since the beginning. Screamed at the top of my damn lungs for every achievement she'd successfully acquire. Made sure she was happy, secure no matter what was happening.

But now I could only imagine that.

Imagine the day she'd graduate. What I'd do the moment try called her name. How I would tell her and Katsuki some stupid dad joke just to get a reaction of them to take a picture of.