(36) Ukiyo

Posting twice a week now: Mondays and Fridays but this week will be Thursday just bc I wanna post on my birthday and celebrate by posting one of my fav chapters (wishlist in bio if ya wanna spoil me for being legal now ;))

Also, I'm going to start going live on Tiktok every Thursday at 5 PM PST since there were so many people who wanted me to when I did go live!

Lastly, if you have any theories or headcanons please drop them here! They make me all squishy in my heart and help me a lot.

Ily! Don't forget to vote

——

"The first team to fall will be announced the winner. Good luck." Aizawa's voice came from above us, yelling over for us to hear.

Both teams were apart, an equal distance apart that allowed for fair game. The only things in the way of a clear path had been walls, cement ones that were randomly placed. Cementoss was nearby on the side assisting our exercise with refreshing those walls and any other damages.

I was on the edge, to the side of Todoroki who stood in the middle of our entire space with Izuku to his opposite side. It made things easier for us to go to our direct targets.

As the match was beginning, a seamless laser-like glow came down from the ceiling. It paused above us, creating a solid ceiling over us before rounding out into a smaller dome than the building.

It encapsulated us before blending in with the natural background of the facility.

Then a more robotic voice came. "Hologram is now secure. The match may begin."

A louder bell came, signaling it'd been time for the battle to start.

We each ran forward, sped toward the opposite team with our individual objects in mind.

"I'll get Kaminari," I said almost immediately after we decided we would split up.

Izuku looked almost caught off guard that I had come to a quick decision. "I thought you'd want to fight Kacchan."

"I think he's expecting that. And being honest, I don't want to fight him. He knows me too well-- at least fighting wise-- so fighting him may be too repetitive for me."

"It may also react the others to take advantage of their battle and drag us two into it. It'd create chaos and weaken our hand in power." Todoroki added. "I'd like to take Bakugou."

I turned my head, my eyebrows raised high. "Are you sure? Maybe you take Kirishima?" My mind had only been going back to the Sports Festival results.

"Yes. I believe it'd be good for us." He said before nodding.

"Looks like I got Kirishima." Izuku nodded, smiling at the two of us.

"Great. Just remember, the main goal is to keep them separate. If any of us finish quickly, join another person."

We started to split in separate directions creating a distance between each person on the opposite team.

Or that's how it was supposed to go.

Bakugou sent off a domino effect of explosions, each popping right in front of where we were going to run.

"Where'd ya think you're going?" He screamed, the roughness in his voice booming over the crackles. The smirk on his face was vicious, predictable.

My view switched, eyes turned to the side at the pair I'd been meant to work with.

There was no way for us to communicate our plan without them overhearing. I needed to think fast but my mind only thought about how my powers were limited.