(16) Saudade

(fast forward to end of internships)

"Thank you for everything you have done for us." Senya praised him as we said our final goodbyes to Karasu.

"You really have helped the both of us improve a lot. Seriously." I added on being as genuine as I could be. Without his help, I wouldn't have been able to understand a lot of things with being a caster.

He answered a lot of questions my dad left me with.

"Of course, seeing you two grow this past week was a rare sight. Please, feel free to visit anytime you would like." He grinned, a light shine reflecting against the sunlight.

"You should come over one day. I'm sure our mom wouldn't mind." I insisted, forcing the idea on him.

"I'll make sure it's okay with your mother first." He cautioned. "Y/N, take this with you. You will use it more than I ever will." He handed me the book I read on the first day.

The book that opened to me instead of the opposite.

"Thank you." I smiled looking down at it. "Maybe one day my collection will be as large as yours."

"We'll see about that. Now you two should go before you miss the train." He urged, giving us small shoves on the back.

"Bye!" We waved watching as his figure grew smaller and smaller with the distance created between the three of us.

In all honesty, I was going to miss him.

---

"Ribbit. Good morning, Y/N." Tsu greeted me as I walked through the door. I waved over at her as I walked over to the group of girls.

"Morning, guys." I grinned. It was relieving to see them again after so long. "How were your guy's internships?"

"I got to help with a bank robbery." Jiro shared telling us about the experience.

"What! That's so cool!" Mina groaned squishing her face together.

"How about you, Y/N?" Ochaco mentioned shrugged to me.

"Uh well, I ended up with a bruised stomach, and uh... I may or may not be single now." I mumbled the last part scratching the back of my neck.

"WHAT?!" They all yelled, catching the attention of our surrounding classmates.

"Shhh! Holy crap you guys are loud." I laughed covering my eyes in distress.

"What happened?! Come on spill it!" Mina urged, grabbing my arm and tugging it.

I shrugged. "There's nothing much to it. I went to his place and found him there with Emi. I talked to him and he ended confessing to it and tried to throw some bullshit at me so I left."

It had been a few days since then. I felt better about it but a piece of me still hurt since he was someone I trusted.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N." Ochaco frowned, rubbing my arm.

"That's terrible! How could he even do that to such a person?" Momo sighed, rubbing her temple.

"Don't worry! We'll find you someone better!" Mina encouraged, linking our arms together.

"Yeah, maybe..." I sighed, slouching my shoulders forward. "I'm gonna go sit down, see you guys later."

Walking over to my seat, I waved at a few people before sitting. Pulling out my journal, I wrote down some things I wanted to get down today and one of them made me uncomfortable.

"Holy crap! What the heck, Bakugou?" Sero and Kirishima yelled, crying their eyes out at his new hairstyle.

"Stop laughing! My hair's gotten used to this and I can't get it back the right way. Did you not hear me? I'll kill you both!" He fumed, clawing his hand ready to kill.