(25) Epiphany

Your guard was up
But you were only protecting
Them
From you
- rina
——————————————————————————

It was the next morning and Aizawa took no time to have us up and ready for more training. Instead of being alone again like the past two days, I was training one on one with Bakugou who was taking a break from his boiling water buckets.

"Why are you going so hard on me." I groaned, crouching quickly to dodge his fist. Right as I stood up, I had to use my arm to block another hit.

"Why aren't you trying harder?" He challenged, dodging the hits I was sending.

"You know--" I swung my leg up to which he grabbed, dropping me to the ground with him straddling me, my leg against his chest. "-- you're being an asshole." I huffed, blowing a piece of hair from my face.

"I'm being an asshole because I know you could do better! For fucks sake, y/n stop messing around." He yelled, gripping my leg tighter. He was not fully angry yet was annoyed at the fact I was not going full power with my hits.

"Fuck you." I spat, a small smile hiding behind my frustrated face.

"Later. Now listen to me you piece of shit and try harder." He directed sternly, helping me off the ground. I laughed at his subtle flirt, throwing my head back and slapping his chest.

"I hate you." I chuckled, shaking my head. He smiled back at me also shaking his head lightly. "Fine, I'll go full out but don't be mad if I hurt you."

"Ha, yeah right." He mocked, enjoying my competitiveness coming out. He didn't like seeing me not at my best. Hated that I never put in the full effort he knew I had in me. It also made him feel that he wasn't worthy of my full power.

The thing was that I knew I had been made for power. But I had scared of using something that was made to kill people to save them. It was a process of becoming comfortable with the idea.

"Use your damn power!" He demanded. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my hands together.

"You're being such a baby about it." I teased, running at him. He followed my lead, small pops sparking between his fingertips.

My arm raised up before throwing back down at the ground.

Wind gusted by, pushing everything around us including the other students around aggressively. The explosion he let out was through off aim, catching him off guard from the unexpectance.

I could see the frustration covering his face. The anger from seeing his usually successful tactics going downhill.

Once the wind died down, he let brought his hands together, gathering the sweat from both of them to power a large explosion. It came toward me rapidly, but I waited until the last second to make my move. When seeing it was close, I flattened my hand in front of me watching the explosion shatter like glass.

A trick learned from Karasu.

Before Bakugou had the opportunity to further react, I warped behind him, covering his eyes and kicking my foot behind his knees to where he fell with me on his back.

I leaned down to ear his and whispered for only him to hear. "I won." I kissed his ear before shifting down lower to lay my head on his back, leaving my hands in his hair.

"What the fuck. That was only a few seconds." He mumbled, slightly confused and irritated at the quick loss.

He got a true taste of a caster's abilities.

"What were the words you said to me this first time we fought? Was it 'Looks like you underestimated me'?" I recited, smiling with my cheek squished against his shoulder blade.