(31) Redamancy

Patreon has the nsfw/smut version of this chapter. The link is on my profile.

Not explaining this again
----

He was the butterfly that flew by but never landed.

In a garden full of them, he stood out. The views being graced by his presence though he would never land to let them view him.

With his personality being the colors that were so vibrantly loud, even brighter than the sun that graced us daily with its warmth.

He was a free spirit, no person even holding the capability to catch him. He couldn't be caught, couldn't be held down. Forever a mystery to the people who wanted to understand him, get to know him.

Maybe that's why I had been so attracted to him.

I was one of those bystanders who watched as he flew by, admiring his colors from afar. Having no reason to simply just watch but never finding the right time to make my move. I was curious.

Curious of his kind-- to what had been so special about this one specific butterfly.

Though he had been rare, I had felt a sense of relief around him.

Skipping over the cliches of being one of a kind though that might have been what he was. Everyone saw him fly but never taken in his beauty or passion.

Maybe he had been misunderstood.

Misunderstood for what others thought he was, not recognizing the point in his chosen values. His priorities were straight and because of that people found him too much of a hassle to catch.

They wouldn't waste a breath on getting him.

Though I had never been interested in butterflies an extreme amount, I became interested him in.

There was an understanding between me and this butterfly. One I didn't understand but wanted to. It was unordinary strange to me.

I hadn't been one to go after things. I had my eyes on myself, taking care of my own priorities and worries because no one else would.

But this time was different.

I was going to catch this butterfly.

---

Song for this chapter: Love Songs by Maggie Lindenmann (in the playlist or above).

"Why can't you use the fucking front door?" Bakugou yelled from his window. He had been staring down at me from the second floor, his room to be exact.

Carefully, I had been climbing the side of his house by using vines I'd expanded to be a ladder.

"Shhhh!" I hushed him, flailing around my free arm. "I'm not using the door because our moms talk and if yours finds out I'm here she'll tell mine." I attempted to whisper-scream as I climbed up the vines.

"You're an idiot." He mumbled under his breath. His hand was held up over me, using his quirk to shine light over me. He'd done it after I almost ate shit climbing up.

I know I'm so graceful.

I paused after hearing his comment and looked up. "Want me to turn around and leave? Because I will, asshole." I threatened, holding the vines tighter from frustration. My eyes squinted, glaring holes into his head.

He scowled back, his eyes rolling in the direction of the city glowing next to us. He reached down and aggressively pulled me up and up to his window. "I didn't say I wanted you to go."

I smirked, linking my hands behind his neck. "Look at you wanting me around. I guess I could get used to that." I shrugged acting sly.

His face turned smug yet he hadn't let me see since he'd turned his head. "Shut up." He said, another eye roll coming from him. I let go of my hands from around him and climbed through the windows entirely.