(1) The beginning.

Prologue 🌙

"You okay?"

"Hmm?" I wondered, turning to lazily look at my boyfriend next to me. He broken me out of my static stare.

"You doze off again." Ren pointed out, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me into his side. I sighed and laid down on the grass with my head on his lap.

"Sorry, didn't mean to," I mumbled watching the clouds float by minimally. There was a sensation that drew joy when watching them float.

"Same dreams keeping you up?" He wondered, messing with the that'd created curtains around the frame of my face.

His hands were cold yet reached my decline in temperature.

"Yeah, same annoying ones." I sighed throwing my arm over my eyes. "I don't get it. Why do they keep repeating? And something new shows up almost every time." I ranted extinguishing my frustration as I spoke.

"What was new this time?" He questioned looking down at me. He lifted my arm and took a peek at me, giving me a warm smile to calm my stress.

I sat up pulling my hat off messing with my hair, stuck with my thoughts. "I dunno if I should tell you."

He stood quiet for a moment. "Why?"

I turned, sitting on my knees. The sunlight danced a crossed his hair, shining upon it. Ren was a jealous type. Though his confidence was as clear as a window, there were smudges in it.

"A guy showed up." I began, messing with the hem of my skirt. I hadn't been nervous for myself, more toward his reaction. 

"A guy?" He repeated, processing the words himself. You could sense the subtle tension.

"Mhmmmm." I nodded feeling the slight raise of jealously in him for the small mentioning of another male.

"And what happened?"

It was hard to say. I hadn't figured out exactly what had happened either.

"Same as usual..." I started, looking at the school as I spoke. "It was back when I lived in Musutafu with my mom and Senya. We were playing with these two little boys and then out of nowhere that disappears and it shows just chaos. But like I mentioned, there was a guy there and we looked at each other." I explained, swaying my head to each side with each word.

"What did he look like?" Ren scooted closer noticing my voice soften as I finished my sentence.

"That's the thing. Like he was there and we both saw each other and knew that it was a dream but I couldn't see his face. It was blurred or blocked off."

Most of the time I felt like he thought I was going crazy. The way he'd stare at me told me he did.

"Ahh," He chuckled, letting out a deep sigh. "You and your strange dreams"

"But they're not just dreams!" I insisted, letting go of the pile of grass that was in my hand. "It has to be some kind of sign, right?"

"Y/N, I think you just read too many books." He joked, standing up and wiping his uniform off.

"I swear it's not that. Have one of your soul spirit things check and I swear I'm telling the truth." I argued trying to get him to believe me.

Deep inside, I knew there had to be a reason for them.

Dreams don't continue like stories or movies. Even after my own research, I couldn't pin down what it'd been. Though there was enough trust in my mind to know they weren't for no reason.

"Maybe." Ren complied, reaching his hand down to help me stand back up. He dusted off the pieces of grass on my jacket as I took some out of my high socks.

"That means never," I mumbled under my breath. He shook his head rolling his eyes. Typical.

"Let's just go to class. I'm sure we have training to focus on or something." He said grabbing my hand and kissing my forehead under the visor.

"What's the point? I'm moving back anyway so it won't be like my last days here matter." I shrugged, lacing my fingers with his.

"That's because you're going UA now and leaving the rest of us Shiketsu people behind." He mentioned, eyeing me from the corner of his eye.

"You act like I wanted my mom to be moved to a new location for her job." I laughed, opening the door into the school. "UA is still the same as here."

"I'm just teasing you. I'll miss you though. So will Emi." He stopped in the hall outside the door of our class. The bell hadn't rung so we had a few moments to talk more.

"Please. Like that girl would miss me." There was an eye roll after that sentence.

Others were nervous of me. Emi was one of the other people who'd use me as their sense of company. Mutual it'd been though since she'd been the same for me.

"She will. We all will." He trailed off. I pulled his hat down noticing the fall in his happiness. He pushed it back up, looking into my eyes.

"Don't worry. I'll come by and visit! It'll be like I never even left." I smiled, tapping the tip of his nose. "Who knows maybe I'll have a custom life-size balloon or something of me that you can take around with you." I joked, almost seriously considering the idea.

"That would be terrifying." He laughed, opening the door as the bell rang.

"How about I make it portable! You could deflate it and put it in your backpack."

"Y/N, no." He laughed, sitting across from me at his desk. I grinned back taking in the final moments I had in class with him. After these next two days, he and I would have a distance between us.

I hoped nothing changed though it seemed hard to escape.