(15) Hiwaga

(I recommend the Spotify playlist for this hehe)

"Let's talk about yesterday's fight." Karasu began. He was either going to compliments or bash us with all the things that needed to be improved. "Senya, you need to make your first move quicker. You hesitated and watched for quite too long."

My eyes gazed over to him, creating slight eye contact before looking back down at my lap. It was best if I said nothing.

But if he pointed my problem, avoidance. His was hesitation.

"Yes, I did. I'll work on that." He nodding, knowing it wasn't the first time he had heard that comment. If my thing was avoidance, then his was definitely hesitation.

"You and I will talk separately." Karasu directed toward me. "Senya take this day to do your own research in my office. We will be back soon."

I stood up from the chair walking to Karasu at the door. He guided me outside where it was approaching the later afternoon.

People made their way home by shoving through crowds, speeding by in their cars while students grouped up after school talking about who knows what. Observation was a skill I picked up on after keeping to myself for so long.

Karasu walked next to me, his hands in the deep pockets of his trenchcoat. "You're a great fighter much like your father, although he put his skills to the worse as you know."

"I'm very aware." I acknowledged quietly. My hands held onto their opposite elbows keeping them close to my body.

"What goes through your mind during a fight against another opponent?" He questioned, looking down at me from his shoulder.

Letting that question stink in, I pondered what my answer could possibly be. I didn't want to dwell too much on what it could be but I didn't want to under answer the question in a way that I couldn't get any feedback with.

"My next move and possibly the outcome of it," I answered after a few seconds. I had the power to accidentally kill something along with the many other people whose quirk had the same risk. Thinking ahead was strugglesome but necessary most of the time.

"What if you guess wrong?" He continued, throwing a possible outcome.

My eyebrows raised slightly, not expecting a question like that. "Then I'm fucked." I laughed not knowing what else to say.

Karasu chuckled himself enjoying the fact that I was openly honest. "I'm not asking you to predict the future. Don't because you never know what possible changes could happen." He advised.

"This doesn't feel like we're talking about just using my powers anymore." I doubted. Who knows, maybe he was trying to give some real advice. Maybe Senya told him about our argument and the habits I had. Either way, I still appreciated it.

"Take it how you'd like." He responded optimistically. "You mentioned before that you haven't used Reality Warping that often?"

"I haven't," I confirmed. We walked past a park, taking a turn directly into it. They made slightly uncomfortable yet it was bare-able.

"Why's that? Is that because you don't understand its full capabilities?" He hypothesized, attempting to figure out the reason.

As we sat down on a picnic bench, I nodded. "Yeah, honestly. I know I can change objects into anything I'd like except living beings. But that's about it."

It was such a broad idea. There was much to it that I had little to zero grasp of.

"Did you know that it could be used on vast areas?" He quizzed, eyebrows scrunching in the center of his face.