(4) Abiditory

For the next few days, I had been working my ass off.

Senya was determined to have both of us train together. We knew the ins and out of each other's abilities, always testing each other to our limits. Putting unexpectancies into our training prepared us for what we could be facing in our individual sports festivals.

Though our training was long and lasted days, the festival came quicker than we thought.

When walking into the waiting room, there had only been a few people. "Hey, Momo, Ochaco." I waved as I walked toward them.

"Hello, y/n." Momo waved as I took the seat next to hers.

"Hey y/n! How are you feeling? You don't even look nervous!" Ochaco noted, leaning over the table to get a better look at me.

"I don't honestly feel nervous." I shrugged, "Maybe just about the comments that people may say from seeing me here."

"That's understandable. But their opinions don't matter! We're your friends and we know you!" Ochaco smiled, grabbing my hand.

"Ochaco is right. As someone who has made the mistake of misjudging, I believe they will love you." Momo smiled, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"We can only hope for the best, right?" I smiled, shrugging the topic away. It was better to be optimistic than negative. Most people at this point knew that my brother and I were here.

The problem was their reactions.

"From an objective standpoint, I think fairly clear that I'm stronger than you."

Everyone's attention had been stolen, drawn into the two boys who standing off-center to the room. Todoroki's face was stern, much like his tone while Midoriya looked the opposite.

Poor thing looked like he was going to shit himself.

"Uh-Um, yeah," Midoriya mumbled, his words being as weak as he felt. I expected this out of Bakugou, but maybe Todoroki felt threatened by him also?

"However, you've got All Might in your corner, helping you out. I'm not here to pry about what's going on between you two. But know I will beat you." He stated with cold envy in his eyes. I stood up quickly in my chair feeling slight disturbed anger coming from me.

Kirishima also stood up and I followed behind him. As I walked someone grabbed my wrist and yanked me back.

"What?" I whispered to Bakugou.

"Let them fucking handle it." He quietly yelled to me.

I pulled my wrist back and crossed my arms. "Didn't know you were my mom," I mumbled. Even with my small comment, I still listened.

"What's with all these declarations of war lately?" Kaminari asked, turning to face the two boys.

"Yeah, what's the big deal?" Kirishima rested his hand on Todoroki's shoulder. "Why are you pickin' a fight all of a sudden? And right before we get started..."

Todoroki shoved Kirishima away as I grabbed his arm and pulled him a bit back. He stood by my side, smiling lightly in thanks for me grabbing him.

"We're not here to be each other's friends." Todoroki turned around and started to walk out of the room. "Don't forget. This isn't a team effort."

"Wait a sec, Todoroki," Midoriya muttered, looking down at the ground below him. "I don't know what's going through your head or why you'd need to tell me that you'll beat me. And, yeah, of course, you're better than me. In fact, you probably have way more potential than anyone in the hero course. That's why you got in so easily."