Ep 43: The Assembly

The next morning Valt called out an emergency meeting.

By now the first battle of the day had already started: Free vs Silas.

But since Valt had slept in it had caused him to schedule the meeting late and during their battle.

So now everyone was in Theodore's club seating watching the battles from below.

It was a quick battle with Free already ahead with two points.

Meanwhile Valt, Shu, Theodore, Fubuki and Toko stood at the front of the room. Once everyone saw them, the talking slowed down into whispers about Theodore.

"I'm sure you're all wondering why Theodore and Fubuki are here. Which is the same reason why I couldn't make it to the party last night. I thought I could beat Phi by sneaking down to the basement but I was wrong."

"Instead Theodore and I were in his office and we've set aside our differences to agree that Phi has gone too far."

The whole room started chatting and Valt stepped aside to let Shu tell his side of the story.

"While Valt was in Theodore's office, Toko and I were approached by Phi. We made a deal with him and I battled him but I didn't win. But despite not winning we still managed to escape with Fubuki..."

"Guys look!" Sasha stood by the window pointing to the battle below.

On stage Silas was on his knees while Free was walking offstage. A large Phoenix was above him looking less ghostly and more realistic.

But in Silas's hands were the broken pieces of Satomb.

Pushing her way through the crowd Sasha made her way to the stage to help Silas.

Everyone started talking again and the room became very loud.

"And this is why we need to stop Phi, with each bey he destroys the stronger he gets!"

The room erupted into chatter and talking.

"Valt?"

"Yeah Shu?"

"Where's Theodore?"

Looking away from the battle everyone stopped talking to notice the door was open and Theodore was nowhere to be found.

******

After Frees' battle Phi, Phi stood leaning against the wall watching Vincent and Valerie onstage.

Holding out his hand he focused on Valerie's power. Instead of feeling her he only felt Vahagn squirming around in his grip.

It is futile to resist...

The beast cried out in pain as Phi's power took hold. The dark power transferred to Phi as Vahagn started to slow down. Venatrix collided making it burst. The last of Vahagn's power was gone as Valerie picked up the pieces.

One down three more to go...

"Playing with your toys Phi?"

Turning to the hallway Theodore Glass stood watching Phi.

In the background the next two bladers came out onstage to begin the next battle.

"Theodore, I'm surprised you're even here right now considering what you just witnessed."

Phi's eyes flashed black and the ghostly Phoenix flashed.

"You never cease to surprise me, Phi. It's hard to find people who value the sport of Beyblade."

"Indeed Theodore, but why did you dare come here again." Phi asked

Phi's attitude changed from friendly to angry.

"But....while you're here I do have some unfinished business with you." Theodore started

"You may have power beyond anyone in this tournament Phi but Valt will beat you. Ever since you've shown me your project, you've been even more distant. While I've been doing all the work keeping things running."

Theodore paused and then continued.

"All you do is work on your project. I've seen what it can do so tell me why do you waste your time on it even when you don't need it. You and Phoenix are already merged together."

"That's for me to know and for you to find out Theodore. This tournament may not be over but the battle is just beginning."

Phi's eyes were glowing and Theodore was just about to leave when Phi said:

"Not so fast Theodore,"

Phi's glowing eyes died down making look normal again.

"You may be on their side now but you're still the same manipulative man you still are. When this is all over I'm eager to see what your true intentions are."

Theodore narrowed his eyes turning back to Phi.

"This partnership is over Phi, you've endangered lives and people. And this is where I draw the line."

"You think I actually care Theodore?"

"I don't expect you to Phi, you wouldn't understand why I'm doing this anyways."

Theodore turned away walking back down the hallway.

"Listen to what I say Theodore: You can't run, you can't hide, and you can't escape me. I assure you Theodore, I will find you and when this is over and you will not be the same."

Turning his back to Phi, in the distance his eyes were glowing black and the large ghostly Phoenix wailed.

Theodore narrowed his eyes and adjusted his sleeve cuffs.

"No Phi, you're wrong. You're the one who can never escape and you're the one who will never be the same. I learned a long time ago that you don't need power but you do. It's over Phi. You've always been a spoiled child blaming others but ever since you turned your back on me you've changed. It's over Phi, you've lost."

Turning his back on Phi Theodore walked down the hallway back to BC Sol.

Looking up at the TV, Lui and Norman's battle had just finished with Lui being declared as the winner.

Maybe there's more than one person who has unfinished business with me...

Holding his hands behind his back Theodore made his way backstage. While the last battle of group one began.