Ep 33: Challenges

Hi! So after writing like 10 chapters this winter break I decided to post two chapters now. To speed things up, and now looking at my plan I realized I only have 5 more to write, kinda sad but I highly doubt that those final chapters will just be short so enjoy today's!

Sasha lied, she wasn't lost, in fact she knew her way around the building pretty well. But instead of going to her friends she had some unfinished business to take care of.

Walking out of the elevator Sasha wiped away her tears and looked down at her bey. It sparkled for a second before looking like a normal bey.

Narrowing her eyes she nodded her head and stuffed her bey in her pocket. She took off running, she didn't know where she was going but she knew exactly who she was looking for: Phi.

As she rounded the corner she bumped into someone dropping her bey.

"I'm so sorry."

Theodore Glass stood holding up her bey. Sasha might've just been seeing things but she could've sworn his eyes were glowing blue a little.

Getting up off the ground she brushed herself off and grabbed her bey out of Theodore's hand.

"Theodore Glass, what are you doing down here?"

"Just wishing Valerie luck."

Sasha narrowed her eyes, not believing a word Theodore said.

Brushing past him Sasha took off.

"And Sasha?"

She turned around looking straight into his deep teal eyes.

"And tell Valt I said: Hi."

Before she could answer Theodore was gone walking back down the hallway to Valerie.

That guy sure is creepy...

Rounding another corner she took off to the depths of the building.

*****

"I challenge you!"

Phi stood against the wall watching Valerie and Norman battle. For Phi there was nothing better to do for him. After being kicked out of Theodore's office he was toying with the idea of playing with someone but no one on the stage interested him.

But here was this desperate little girl who came out of nowhere.

"Sasha Guten, I'm surprised your not with BC Sol waving your pom-poms."

"I'm here to challenge you Phi, and I'm here to defeat you!"

Sasha held out her bey with a determined look in her eyes.

"I'm not leaving until we battle."

"You can pretend all you want Sasha but we both know you being here is a fluke, we both know this is a boys sport."

"I belong here as much you! I earned my way here! I know I may not be as strong as you or Valt but at least I'm here."

Phi started laughing hysterically, his resonance flickered on and off just for a moment.

"How long have you been at BC Sol?" Phi said, turning away from her.

"That's my business..." Sasha said.

"How long have you trained and still haven't been good enough? How long have you wasted your time with them?"

"I'm not..."

"Don't lie to me Sasha."

Phi turned around and his eyes were glowing black. Sasha was terrified taking a step back away from Phi.

"Good you should be scared." His voice echoed as if it was coming from everywhere at once.

Sasha covered her ears. Phi's power died down and he looked as normal as he could again. Sasha calmed down putting her poker face back on.

"I'll have to politely decline Sasha, perhaps another time. But when you're ready I'll know where to find you."

"I'll be back Phi! And this time I'll bring someone who can defeat you!"

Phi let out an annoyed sigh looking at Sasha with a bored look like Free.

"I highly doubt that."

Phi turned back to the battle while Sasha ran off.

I may not be able to defeat Phi but maybe Aiger and Hyde can!

Sprinting through the hallway Sasha disappeared in search of Aiger and Hyde.

******

"Emerald Eye."

Up onstage Wakiya stood across from Emerald eye in his launching stance.

"Alright so we know it isn't Diago." Sasha said, writing down his name.

"Or Fubuki." Shu added.

"It could be Koji." Valt suggested.

"I'll put him in the maybe section." Sasha said writing.

"He's definitely not Phi or Zac."

"And Free."

"Slow down guys!" Sasha said, erasing and rewriting again.

"I guess it could be Toko, we haven't seen him in a while..." Valt said thinking.

"Kurt?" Sasha asked.

"Too tall."

"Kit? Arthur?"

"No, no."

"Who else is left?"

"That leaves, Xander, Count Nightfell, Cuza...Joshua!" Valt said counting.

"What about Joshua?" Shu asked.

"We haven't seen him in a while we better make sure he's okay. We don't want Phi taking him over."

"Yeah like he almost did to me!" Aiger added.

"Who will go and check on him?"

"I will."

Everyone turned towards Hoji nervously held his hand up.

"Hoji?"

"You guys need to focus on your battles. I'll take care of Joshua."

"Okay then."

Hoji took off leaving BC Sol. Sasha followed from behind stopping him in the hallway.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, it's not like I can do anything else to help."

"Don't say that! Hoji, we may not be as strong as Phi or Valt but as I said to Phi we too deserve to be here as much as them."

"You talked to Phi?"

"That's not the point Hoji! We do matter! I know you may feel useless because of your hand and I know what it's like to sit on the side lines. But you can't just give up, because if you do then we might as well just let Theodore and Phi's win..."

Hoji ran into Sasha giving her a hug. He buried his face crying a little.

"I'll always be here if if you ever need me."

"Thanks Sasha."

Sasha only nodded her head as Hoji ran off to find Joshua.

Going back to the stands Sasha sat down next to the boys. She smiled at what Hoji said.

"Hey Sasha are you okay?"

Shu leaned over looking over at Sasha. She smiled and leaned back in her chair.

"Yeah... I'm fine Shu."

Sasha Guten may have been a side character in this story but that's what made her awesome. How she'll always be loyal to her friends to the very end. And how she's always willing to help others.