Ep 32: Phobia Doomscizor part 2

"10th battle!"

Valt Aoi leaned over the stadium out of breath, beads of sweat were starting to form. And yet through it all Valt started giggling, and that giggling turned into laughter.

"What are we doing? You know what this reminds me of? The first time we battled and remember how many ties we had? 4? 8? And how much fun we had?..."

"Yeah that was a lot of fun... but technically it was 12 ties..." Diago said getting into his launching stance.

Meanwhile Valt did the same. Everyone around them started counting only increasing the tension.

"But you can't keep battling like this Diago, this is meant to be fun..."

"Let it Rip!"

Valtryek once again sped around the stadium and collided with Doomscizor.

"Besides what would Ryota think of this? Or Shu? Wakiya? Ken? What would any of them think of this?"

"Ryota?"

Both beys flew to the back of the stadium hitting the wall. Doomscizor took a worse hit while Valtryek was still going strong.

Valt watched from across the stadium as Daigo's neutral exterior began to break down. Phi's power was starting to dissipate and he was almost beginning to look normal again.

"Valt?"

"Yes it's me Diago, I've always been there for you and I will be now."

"I-I'm sorry."

As soon as he managed to squeak that out up in the stands Phi's energy started to come back circling around Diago.

Doomscizor began to recover attacking Valtryek again.

"You need to fight it Diago, I know you're stronger than him!"

"No! Not this time, he's too strong for me but you need to save Fubuki and Free. Fubuki's defeated Phi before and Free is the strongest next to Phi. But out of all them watch out for Emerald Eye."

"Why Emerald Eye?"

Before Diago could answer, his head lowered and Valtryek collided with Doomscizor bursting it.

All around Valt the crowd cheered but looking over at Diago all he could feel was dread.

When Diago looked back up at Valt his whole demeanor had changed.

He was now more serious, and his aura was full purple glowing with power.

"This isn't over Phi."

"Same to you Valt Aoi."

There it was again, that layered voice that was Diago's but at the same time Phi's. It was creepy how Phi could talk through bladers.

It made Valt wonder what else he was capable of...

Walking offstage Valt felt defeated, even though he won he still felt like he lost.

But despite feeling defeated Valt was glad he had managed to reach out to Diago. He was glad his friend was still in there fighting against Phi.

Maybe all the corrupted bladers aren't gone as we thought....

As the elevator rode down the doors opened to the last person Valt thought he would see: The Mysterious Emerald Eye. He looked even more terrifying in person.

Brushing past him Valt glanced back at him to see his purple resonance starting to form. He turned back to look at Valt sending chills down his back.

Turning the corner Valt ran to the bleachers.

******

Scooting past people, Valt sat down between Silas and Shu.

"How'd it go down there?" Rantaro asked as Valt sat down.

"I think I need some catching up to, I just got back from battling Free. Sorry it took me so long I got a little lost." Sasha said sitting down behind Valt.

And so he did, Valt started off with describing Phi almost getting to Aiger and Hyde. Luckily he had been nearby and heard Aigers cries.

"That jerk, I can't believe he almost got them!" Sasha said.

"That's Phi for you." Rantaro replied.

He explained his approach to reach out to Diago and how Phi responded instead with his voice layering with Diagos. He quickly told them about the first battle and then moved onto the second when Diago got serious.

When he talked about the second battle Valt made sure to skip over the part about his fear and instead told them about how Doomscizor could tap into others fears leaving them in a vision.

"Wow I knew Diago was strong but I didn't know he was that strong..." Sasha said thinking.

"Theodore may be a bad guy but he definitely knows bladers strengths and weaknesses." Shu added.

Valt then went on telling them about how he was trapped in his fear and how Diago won the battle. He also mentioned how in the second battle Valtryek cancelled out Diago's power.

He then told them about tying for 10 battles and how they finally started to have fun. He also described how Diago slowly began to look normal again. And lastly he told them about how Diago told him to save Fubuki and watch out for Emerald Eye

"Who is Emerald Eye?" Silas asked butting in.

"I was going to ask the same thing." Sasha added.

"He's the most mysterious blader in the whole Snake Pit. Nobody knows who he is, not even Phi. There's rumors he's been there forever." Vincent said sitting down.

"Who told you that?" Silas asked.

"Valerie."

"I thought she went off the deep end." Valt said.

"She may have "gone off the deep end" but she's still my sister." Vincent replied.

"Well I think we should take Diago's advice and free Fubuki first, he's defeated Phi before so maybe he could give us some pointers if one of us faces him."

"I think the best way to reach out to Fubuki is by reminding him that we're his friends but we need to be careful on how we talk to him so we don't anger him."

"That's right! When I battled Free he perked up at the mention of Kris but that was it. Otherwise he didn't even crack..."

Honey gave Sasha a hug and Sasha wrapped her arm around her sister.

"Thanks Honey." She said quietly.

"Who's battling Fubuki next?" Shu asked.

"Me!" Aiger came running down the stairs and sat down next to Shu.

"Are you okay?" Sasha asked.

"Yeah, I mean it still hurts here." Aiger said, putting his hand on his heart.

"But I'll be fine." He added.

"Then it's settled, you need to free Fubuki, Aiger." Shu said looking over at him.

Aiger nodded and smiled.

But out of all them watch out for Emerald Eye, he's the most mysterious and dangerous out of everyone...