Ep 10: The Shadow

Valt Aoi stood over the stadium back in Begioma. Valtryek and him were in perfect sinc, that was until he felt something.

Turning around was Theodore Glass standing perfectly polished with his hands behind his back. While Phi looked bored leaning against one of the pillars.

"What are you doing here?" Valt asked with a bit of anger.

That only made Theodore smile even more hearing that edge in his voice.

"I have an offer you may be interested in." He said looking over at Phi for a moment.

"I'm not interested."

Valt turned back around refocusing his attention on the stadium.

"Oh but I think you will I'm sure you're familiar with what I told Kris at the end of the world league?"

Valtryek had stopped spinning, picking up the bey he stared at it for a moment before turning around.

"I concede you and Valt win, this time."

"What are you getting at?"

"I'm giving you one chance to surrender yourself and in return we'll let all the other bladers go. As you know from the last encounter my bladers offered you the same thing. But before you responded they escaped."

"With Hoji."

"Precisely, but now we can talk. Without any more distractions."

"Tik Tok, Valt, we don't have all night."

Narrowing his eyes there was something off about Theodore, like his voice didn't sound the same.

"You'll let everyone go?"

"Yes, all your little friends will be set free from Phi's control."

Valt looked over at Phi and he nodded his head smiling.

Something about this almost felt too easy.

"Everyone including Free?"

"Yes, including Free."

Valt saw it but for a split second but Theodore hesitated.

"No, as long as there's bladers still out there that aren't corrupted we're going stop you and end your reign."

Pain was everywhere, Valt felt like every nerve and muscle was on fire.

"This one has an infinite amount of light." Phi said, holding his hand out.

Controlling him like a puppet Phi made Valt walk over to them.

"You're corruptive power worked on the other bladers but you can't turn me, if you could you already would have."

Phi and Theodore started laughing together. Phi sounded more evil but Theodore was more malicious.

"Don't you get it Valt, you already are one of us."

Phi's grip on Valt tightened and Valt could feel his resonance darkening.

"No it can't end like this, I have to break free!"

"Quite the predicament you've put yourself in. You can't escape your fate, you were bound to join my army. It was just a matter of time."

Phi and Theodore started laughing.

Valt was starting to lose himself.

"No!" Valt broke free and started running.

As Valt ran the corrupted bladers took off after him.

The sound of Phi's and Theodore's laughter could be heard in the distance.

The rain started to pour making the sidewalk wet.

Free was right behind him along with Cuza. It was sad seeing all his old friends. Xander, Fubuki, even Diago were there too all trying to get him.

Slipping on the wet sidewalk Valt was soaking wet. The rain pounded on his back and he lowered his head.

From the corner of his eye he saw a dark figure standing above him holding out his hand.

Valt could barely see his white hair in the cover of the storm.

Valt was about to give him his hand when the lightning lit up the sky.

It was not the Shu he knew and loved instead it was Red Eye with a darkened expression. His gray mask was clear and the red eyes were glowing.

Valt slowly pulling his hand away but Red Eye grabbed it and pulled him up close to his mask. Valt's heart was pumping so loud he could hear it in his ears.

"Face it Valt, I'm stronger. Fact is you and your friends can never truly defeat me. I'll always be a part of Shu."

Red Eye started laughing along with Theodore and Phi.

That's when he woke up on the couch back in Begioma.

Sitting there feeling his heartbeat for a minute he looked around realizing it was all just a dream. But it wasn't just a dream, this was the work of Phi and Theodore to terrify him. And make him give into their will.

But Valt was smart, he wasn't going to give in to just one little nightmare. Or should I say Nightmares.

This wasn't the first dream he had a dream about Red Eye or Phi. This had been going on for a while now, some nights it was Phi torturing him, corrupted bladers like Fubuki or Free trying to get him, or just Theodore and his manipulative shady ways.

Every night's dream had been different but last nights was the worst. Theodore and Phi knew exactly what they were doing by putting him in there.

"Another nightmare?"

Sasha had came down the stairs in pajamas and her hair was all messy.

"Yeah they're getting worse this time. Phi tried to get me with his corruption power.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asked

"Sure I'm sure."

"Alright."

After a slow morning of getting breakfast and getting dressed the group made their way to Ben's club on the other side of town. They told him everything from the corrupted bladers to Theodore and Phi.

Sadly Ben and his group wasn't entering the tournament but they did say good luck. That was something Valt needed to hear.

Along the way they also picked up Akira who wanted to stop Zac once and for all. It wasn't exactly how Valt thought his morning would go but he did also have to respect some bladers were still in school.

"Alright who are we missing?" Sasha asked.

"Nope I think we have everyone let's move out." Valt started walking but no one followed.

"We're missing Lui." said Sasha.

Valt knew exactly where to find Lui but he didn't want Lui. Lui would be another blader that could potentially help them considering he had beaten Free before.

But there were other reasons he didn't want to find Lui.

"Alright then one last stop it is." Sasha said.