Ep 50: The Reveal

After Lui and Frees battle Valt immediately started training.

The first battle of the second group was Aiger and Diago. And as much as Valt wanted to watch he had to focus on his upcoming battle.

Based on what he knew, Emerald Eye was the most mysterious blader out of them all and perhaps the oldest. There were a lot of rumors floating around him but the one thing Valt was certain of was that he was dangerous with or without Phi's help.

Walking through the hallway Valt glanced up at one of the TV's, on it Aiger already had a point.

Everything is riding on this battle....

Turning away from the TV Valt kept walking.

Xander and Suoh's battle is afterwards and then mine. Fubuki dropped out which means there's one less battle today and less training time....

Bumping into someone, Valt fell onto the ground.

"Are you okay?"

Valt held out his hand and pulled Hyde off the ground.

"Hyde what are you doing here? I thought you left the tournament."

"I thought about it but I need to see how this all ends and I need to talk to you."

A few minutes later Valt was practicing his launches while Hyde sat watching.

"Phi wasn't always bad, in fact we used to be close like you and Toko. That wasn't until our parents died. That day something snapped in Phi, and he wanted to make the pain go away forever."

Valt stopped launching to look over.

"Theodore told me about Silver Eye."

"Yes, when we were a little older Theodore could always see the power Phi had which is why he took advantage of him by making him leave. Phi is very powerful and has a lot of practice with his power and he will certainly not give up easily. He will use every trick he can find including trying to turn you or someone else that you care about. But I didn't just come in here to talk about Phi."

Getting up Hyde grabbed the remote and pressed a button. The window darkened and Hyde turned back to Valt.

"While Theodore may say he's on your side, Valt this is not true. The other day when you were busy I overheard Theodore talking to Shu. Theodore is mainly here to find the ultimate bey just like last year and his eye is set on Valtryek. He wants to use Valtryek to not only make money but for his own desires. And if you don't hand in Valtryek then he won't tell you how to truly defeat Phi. After that I had to get out of there because I heard someone near the doorway."

Valt was silent processing what Hyde had just told him.

"What would happen if he won?" He asked quietly.

Looking up at Hyde, Valt could tell he was struggling to find the right words.

"I don't know, but the most important thing to know there is about Phi is that he's still in there and that he's still a person. He may have lost his mind but he's still family."

******

Now stepping on stage Valt was now determined more than ever to make it to the finales. Standing before him was none other was Emerald Eye wearing the same serious expression as Valt.

His mask was black with green highlights and a black bodysuit. Unlike Free his movements were more coordinated and focused.

"Emerald Eye."

"Close, but I'm surprised you never figured it out; although you never did figure out who Red Eye was last year."

"Who are you?"