Ep 55: The Darkest Dawn

"Kris what are you..."

"What were you doing in there with Theodore?!"

"He was telling me how to defeat Phi, look I know he's dangerous but he's been helping me train and..."

"I'm just glad you're okay, he didn't do anything to you did he?"

"No I'm fine." Valt lied.

Kris let out a relieved sigh and her shoulders relaxed.

"You're lucky Fubuki was around to tell me where you went otherwise I don't know what I would've done."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah."

As Valt followed Kris down the hallway he couldn't help but feel guilty. Theodore was going to take him away just like all the other bladers. Everyone would've been worried and his parents.. Just thinking about it made him uneasy. But what still left him wondering was how Theodore knew he was lying.

Thinking back to it now he remembered everything including being under Theodore's control. He was forced to watch the whole thing without being in control of the situation and instead Theodore had bent his mind to what he wanted.

"Valt are you okay? You seem a little quiet today."

"I'm fine, I'm just thinking of my strategy for the battle that's all."

After a moment of silence they finally made it to their destination: backstage.

As Valt was about to walk on Kris stopped him.

"Do you have my present for Free?"

Valt pulled it out of his pocket and showed her.

"Good now here's what it is...."

******

The crowd cheered as both bladers walked onstage but Valt wasn't feeling the hype. Instead there was only dread.

Looking at Free his skin had lost its color, his once dark brown eyes were now pools of black inky darkness. Free looked drained and frail. Something sinister was changing him and that something was Phi.

"Free..is it you?"

Looking at Valt, Free smilied and his eyes started glowing, taking off his mask Valt's heart dropped.

Free's eyes weren't glowing golden but instead a deep purple.

"Free..."

Free held out his launcher and Valt did the same letting his power take over. Phi saw what Valt was doing and let Free's envelope him too.

"3...2...1...Let it Rip!"

"I'll give you one more chance Valt, surrender now or say goodbye to Valtryek."

"Never! Your reign ends here Phi."

"So be it. I gave you one last chance. And now I'm going to destroy you!"

Fafnir dove for the center but Valtryek came out of nowhere and started attacking.

They fought over the center and with each attack Fafnir was knocked back a bit further while Valtryek got closer to the center

"Nice try Valt."

Fafnir came in and pushed Valtryek out of the center draining some of its power.

"Even with all that power and you still don't know how to use it."

Valtryek began slowing down.