Ep 24: Old Rivals part 2

After Shu left to go get dinner with BC Sol Lui watched them leave from the window.

As soon as the bus left the parking lot Lui left his room walking downstairs. Passing the empty pool he glanced inside. The lights were out and the water was dark, there was a creepy vibe to the place.

But no matter, walking into the room Free De La Hoya was running on the treadmill. Lui glanced over at him.

Free seemed tense but powerful, there was a determined look in his eye but something was off. Even when he wasn't in battle his purple aura was around him tightening and constricting.

And yet Free didn't even notice, maybe he was too far gone that would make sense considering he was the first but there was something else at work here something Lui couldn't figure out.

Walking over to the weight lifting machine Lui started his daily workout. The room was silent and yet filled with so much noise.

Then it stopped, the treadmill slowed down and Free stepped off. Lui looked over and scoffed.

"What ever happened to you?"

Free stopped in the doorway and slowly closed the door. He slowly turned around unnaturally and tensely and that's when Free saw it. Taking off his mask Lui gasped.

Free's eyes were glowing a pure gold color with a hint of purple. A golden aura surrounded him with little bits of purple. Veins were popping out of his arms and face.

Lui for once looked afraid of Free, he had seen Free power up in many battles but this was different this was different kind of power this was what Phi and Theodore were talking about. This was their new found power.

"Power happened Lui, power that's going to change our world."

Lui stepped back, scared of Free. His voice seemed layered almost like there was a hint of Phi's voice and his.

Free turned back and walked out of the room.

Lui didn't know why he did it but dropping the weights he followed Free out of the room.

Free slowly walked down the hallway putting his mask back on. Once it was in place he started walking faster. He stopped at the end of the hallway to an old door.

Free turned around while Lui hid behind a doorway. Opening the door Free went down the stairs closing the door behind him.

Lui walked down the hallway towards the door. On the door were the words: Basement.

Lui hesitated for a moment before going down the deep dark staircase.

When he reached the bottom Lui slipped through the door and onto the catwalk. Down below bladers were training and battling. Free meanwhile was talking to Theodore and Phi.

Lui followed grabbing a Snake Pit mask and followed Free and Theodore into his office. Making sure no one else was around Lui listened through the keyhole.

"Oh very good, all the pawns doing exactly what they are supposed to. And what is the report on BC Sol?"

"They've left to go get dinner."

"How quaint, and how's our newest blader Emerald Eye?"

"He's growing among the ranks along with Red Eye."

Red Eye? Emerald Eye? Who were these people?

Just as Lui was about to leave he bumped into something. His mask fell off and landed by his feet.

Standing above him was Phi wearing a dark smile.

"Phi."

"Lui."

Phi opened the door grabbing Lui by the arm. Free and Theodore looked up from their conversation over at Lui. Theodore cracked a smile while Free said nothing.

"Lui Shirosagi what a wonderful surprise."

"You say that like I'm your guest."

"And you are, Phi unhand him."

Phi did what Theodore said but didn't look happy about it.

"So Lui let's get down to business, why are you really here? Are you just another spy or are you here for something else?"

"I'm on nobody's side."

"And yet you came here with BC Sol, why is that?"

Lui didn't answer only making Theodore smile.

"I know what you truly desire, I can see right through you. You want to battle Free, no wonder why you followed him."

"But like every blader I'll offer the chance to battle who you want but first you need to do something for me in return."

"What do you want Theodore?"

"I want you to battle Phi and then you can get your little rematch or whatever it is you desire..."

Lui looked over at Phi who was already smiling and crossing his arms.

"I'm not dumb enough for your tricks Theodore, what happens if I lose?"

"You've gotten smarter since the last time we met Lui."

"Yeah well I'm not a complete idiot, Theodore."

"Never lose that moxie of yours Lui, but to answer your question if you lose you'll join us. But like those "idiots" you will be corrupted along with Valt and Shu. You said it yourself that you don't have a side, let's test that theory shall we?"

Lui once again glanced over at Phi, Lui himself never had any experience battling him but based on what he had heard he was a formidable opponent. One that should be feared.

On the other hand Lui wasn't here to battle Phi, he never had the chance to battle him but he knew Phi was on a whole different level. A level that maybe Lui himself wasn't even on.

"Fine, where do we go."

Theodore smilied opening the door.

"Right this way."

Lui followed Theodore and Phi downstairs to the other blader. Most bladers Lui instantly recognized like Diago or Xander but there were the only two that stood out. One blader had a black and red mask on while his opponent had a black and green mask on. They both looked at Lui with expressionless looks.

"Curious are we?"

"Who are they?"

"You'll find out soon enough."

In the center of the training room was a large stadium. Phi walked to one side while Lui was on the other. Bladers gathered around to watch including Free who was up on the catwalk.

"Lui Shirosagi, this will be interesting."

"I could say the same thing Phi."

Phi smiled getting into his launching stance, Lui did the same as his resonance began to flair along with Phi's.

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"Let it Rip!"