Ep 22: Settling at the Inn

Nighttime had fallen and the old stadium from the last world tournament towered the sky. Just looking at it brought back old memories, some good and some bad.

But this time Valt was glad Shu was with him even though not everyone was on their side at the moment he was just glad to have his best friend there too.

After pulling up to the hotel everyone climbed out of the bus and started helping get the bags out of the storage below. It took a while until everyone had their own bags. Each blader "waddled" their way into the hotel.

Thankfully the doors slid open and everyone stepped inside. Raul checked them in and everyone sat down in the Lobby.

It was an older hotel with a lodgy feel to it, wood covered most of the walls and rustic decor was out to complement it. It was definitely one of the nicer hotels from the last time Valt was there.

"Yo Valt over here." Valt looked over to see Rantaro looking over in a window.

Leaving his bags behind Valt went over and peered in the window. A large luxurious pool took up most of the room and on the side was a hot tub and sauna.

Meanwhile Shu had gone over to check out the training room. It was a simple room with mirrors, a water machine, a treadmill, weightlifting sets and a couple of other exercise equipment.

Going back over to the group Raul started handing out key cards and everyone started partnering up. Sasha, Nika and Honey were together. Lui was already gone mentioning something about how he had his own room already. Hyde was with Aiger, Drum stood next to Clio.

Digging stuff out of his bag Drum handed signs to everyone to put on their doors. Each one had the team's logo and the bladers name. Valt smiled at a sign, it wasn't perfect but it was the thought that counts.

Shu and Valt both made eye contact nodding their heads at each other. Walking over to Raul he gave Shu both key cards.

"So which floor are we on?"

"The first but I know we're all on the same floor together."

Valt and Shu walked down the hallway until they found their room. It was nearby Rantaro and Wakiya's and the girls' suite. Aiger and Hyde were also nearby.

Shu slid the key card into the door handle. It easily opened into a small room with two beds. There was also a desk and a window overlooked the main battling arena. By the front door was a bathroom and a closet.

"I'll take the bed by the window."

Valt set down his stuff on the chair by his bed while Shu began unpacking.

"I wonder which hotel Theodore's staying in."

"To save money this year they're having them stay with us, I saw Free earlier taking the stairs."

"They must be on the second or third floor."

"Raul says that we'll have a team meeting later followed by dinner but for now we can relax."

Shu started unpacking while Valt laid down and started watching Tv. Once Shu was done he left the room mentioning something about the training room.

******

After about an of chill time the Valt headed to the lobby where most of the group was waiting. Shu was already there waiting, but he looked tired and frustrated. But Shu wasn't the only one looking tired so did everyone else. Finally Wakiya and Rantaro showed up last arguing about Theodore and Phi.

"Yo Valt? Which one is worse Phi or Theodore? I think Phi because of his power and..."

"No it's obviously Theodore he's the one who turned Shu into Red Eye and he tried to take over!"

"Yeah but Phi made their army, Theodore would be nothing without him. What about you Valt?"

"I don't know they're both pretty bad but putting them together, they're at a whole different level."

While boarding the bus Aiger joined in taking Rantaro's side while Norman agreed with Wakiya. The whole discussion went on until the group stopped in front of a Seafood themed restaurant.

"You guys wait here while I go see how long the wait is."

Raul stepped out of the bus and went inside, chatter and argument once again filled the bus. Raul came back about five minutes later.

"I have good news and bad news, the bad news is the wait is over an hour but there's a sandwich shop nearby."

Raul backed out of the parking lot and back onto the road.

Looking over at the clock it was a little over seven at this point people would start to become hangry.

The next stop took a little bit longer because of traffic but eventually they made it to their second stop: The Sandwich Shop. It was a smaller building but it didn't look that bad considering it was late and most restaurants were closed.

Walking through the parking lot Valt noticed another team's bus immediately.

"Guys we can't go in there Theodore and his bladers are in there."

Everyone stopped outside the restaurant to look over at Valt.

"Are you sure it was their bus Valt? That could've just been a bunch of kids on a field trip."

"Guys he's right! Look."

Rantaro pointed to the window and everyone peeked inside with curiosity, the people sitting closest to the window backed away.

In the very back of the restaurant was none other than Theodore and Phi at their own little table, Theodore looked annoyed to be there but interested in what Phi was saying.

"Where are their bladers?" Sasha asked.

"Probably back at the hotel." Silas commented.

"Come on guys let's go I don't want to eat dinner with a supervillain anyways."

The group made their way back onto the road, and everyone was trying to find a new place to eat. Some suggested pizza or italian but it didn't help that most restaurants were closed and that certain bladers were picky.

"What about this Mexican place?" Sasha said holding up her phone.

Raul took it from her and looked at the directions.

"Perfect."

While driving to their new destination, little did no one notice Lui Shirosagi wasn't there......