Ep 23: Old Rivals

Alright as you all know things are going to get intense from here on out. And I'm not just saying this because of the plot but I'm also saying this because chapters will get longer, crazier, sad, and all of the above. Heck just writing one made me almost cry. And enjoy!

Lui Shirosagi set down his bags and started unpacking, it was a smaller room than what he previously stayed in last time but he didn't mind. He wasn't here for luxury, he was here for Free, out of all the bladers there besides Shu and Valt, Free De La Hoya was the main reason why he was there.

Lui could have cared less about getting dinner together and team meetings, he wasn't even on their team. Most of those bladers downstairs weren't even on their team and yet there they were.

After ordering room service there was a knock on his door. Opening the door was Shu Kurenai standing on the other side.

"Shu, what do you want?" Lui asked walking away from the door.

Shu came inside wearing his usual serious expression.

"I came here to talk to you about Free and Theodore."

That stopped Lui in his tracks, he turned around slowly back to Shu.

"What about them?"

"I know that's why you're really here," Lui didn't flinch at the comment but kept listening anyways.

"You don't care about sticking together but the more we distance ourselves the more easy it'll make Theodore to pick us off one by one. I know you really want to battle Free but we need to stick together."

"And to what? Go get Ice Cream together afterwards? I get that there's a war or something going on here but I'm here on my terms, not because I'm a temporary member of BC Sol. You guys lost the minute Valt gave into their tormenting. You and I both know there can only be three in the finals and the way you and Valt have a little bit of Phi's corrupted power in your resonance I doubt you two will last long, once it takes root there's no stopping it. "

"You're wrong, Valt will be fine. He can make it through and I know he's stronger than Phi."

"Then what about you? What happens when you're against Phi and he takes control?"

"I've battled him before and I know not to fall for his tricks..."

"As if I care...he still ended up destroying Spryzen anyways, there's no helping a blader like Phi."

That silenced Shu, only causing Lui to smile even more. If there was one thing that annoyed Shu it was how Lui could easily point out someone's weakness even if they're not battling.

"Phi's the least of our problems right now, there's only going to be three in the finals: Phi and Valt if he doesn't slip up while that just leaves you and I. Now I suggest you leave me alone so I can train."

Lui walked over to the stadium in the living room and began launching over and over. Shu watched for a few minutes.

"There's only one way to do this..." Shu said, walking over to the stadium. Lui watched his every move interested.

Putting Spryzen in his launcher Shu got into his launching form while Lui followed his lead.

"We're bladers, and we'll settle this in the stadium."

Lui smiled back at Shu.

"Fine then, we'll settle this your way Kurenai."

Energy started to form around Lui while Shu did the same. Their resonance was strong, strong enough for Phi to sense it from downstairs.