Ep 28: The First Day!

The next morning started off being cloudy and rainy. Thunder shook the building while lightning lit up the sky. After having breakfast everyone had headed up to the stadium for the first day of battles.

Valt wasn't really nervous walking inside, because despite everything he was ready to have some fun.

Everyone gathered in the commons early in the morning to see The Who was in which group.

Group A:
Free
Norman
Vincent
Silas
Lui
Sasha
Boa
Valerie

Valt wondered who was going to win out of that group. He figured it would be Free but Lui did beat Shu the other day. The bladers in Group A rushed off and began training while some hung back to see the other groups.

Group B:
Emerald Eye
Xander
Wakiya
Aiger
Diago
Arthur
Valt
Fubuki

Valt was surprised at his own group, there were rumors going around about Arthur but Emerald Eye was said to be stronger.

Looking up at the screen Valt also noticed Aiger on the list. He wondered out of both of them who was going to win. Aiger had gotten close to beating Phi but at the same time he had beaten Free before.

There was definitely some tough competition this year.

Last but not least the third group was called out.

Group C:
Hyde
Clio
Drum
Phi
Joshua
Shu
Zac
Cuza

But out of all the groups Valt was interested in what would happen in the third group. Hyde had grown up with Phi so surely he knew how to beat him but at the same time Shu was in there too and maybe he could beat him.

Looking at the list Valt knew there could only be three finalists from each group. But only one chance to set things right.

Up on screen the battles for the first group popped up. They would be the first battles of the day.

The very first battle was between Vincent and Boa. They were both on the younger side but they were both tough.

The second battle was between Lui and Silas just like last year. Valt knew Lui wanted to battle Free but at the same time he knew Silas wasn't going down without a fight. Not after what happened last year.

The third battle was Sasha and Free, Valt smiled at that battle.

Maybe Sasha can talk some sense into Free...

And finally the last battle was between Norman and Valerie.

Valerie, Valt hadn't stopped thinking about her since yesterday. That cruel sadistic smile she wore had be etched into his brain.

Running off to the training room Valt knew he had work to do.

******

As Sasha looked up at the groups she was surprised to see her name on the rooster at all. She knew it had to be some sort of fluke, she usually sat on the sidelines cheering her own teammates for years and yet there she was.

"Congratulations!" Honey said running up to her. She gave her a big hug barring her face into Sasha.

"I knew you could do it!"

"Thanks, but I've got a lot of work to do if I'm going to try and beat Free."

Running off Sasha took a turn towards the training rooms. Most of them were full of people either battling or talking strategy.

In one of the rooms Sasha saw Valt and Rantaro battling while Shu was refereeing in the middle. All of them looked like they were having fun.

Sasha wanted to go in there and tell Valt about her feelings but she knew this wasn't the right time. Or that's at least what Shu had told her.

Shu had told her Valt needed to focus on blading, with Phi and Theodore he hadn't had much time to worry about anything else.

With one foot out the door hours ago she was about ready to leave. But now she was here and now she had the chance to actually battle the former world champion.

Passing their room she stopped at the training room at the end of the hallway. Free De La Hoya stood hunched over the stadium watching the battle before him.

Or that's at least what Sasha thought, it was hard to tell through his mask.

Free was in full blown Snake Pit attire. It was mostly a black jumpsuit with gold highlights. He also wore a jacket and a black and gold mask.

Theodore was also in the room leaning against the wall watching. When his eyes meet with Sasha's he lifted up a remote and turned the window black.

The privacy feature, Sasha had forgotten about that. Passing the Free's training room she went to her own and began launching.

******

After taking a break Sasha sat down to watch the second battle between Lui and Silas. Vincent ended up winning in the last battle but Boa promised a rematch.

Between breathing she managed to look up at the screen. Silas had almost managed to burst Luinior but after landing on the floor then it bursted.

Based on Silas's reaction Sasha could tell he was frustrated.

Meanwhile Lui was relaxed, even though he was only a point behind he seemed as confident as ever.

The second battle ended quickly with Luinior racing through Satomb bursting it easily.

But the battle wasn't over yet, because this time it went up to 3 points instead of two.

Lui was still ahead but Silas wasn't going down without a fight. Standing his ground he started warming up for his launching stance.

Lui did the same while wearing a sadistic smile.

"3...2...1....Let it Rip!"

This time Lui gave Silas a chance letting the battle last longer. Lui knew he was already going to win but he still wanted to see what Silas could do.

"Cyclone Loop!"

Both beys collided sending Luinor into the air.

Lui raised his fists into the air letting his power surround him.

"I don't think so, I've seen enough Luinior end this!"

"Brutal Squall!"

Glowing in the air Luinor came back down flying towards Satomb. They collided again but this time it was Satomb that flew out of the stadium bursting.

Silas was more angry than ever stomping his way off the stage. Lui almost looked bored walking off stage.

After the results were in with Lui as the winner the next battle showed up on screen. Sasha's name and picture with a big versus between Free.

She narrowed her eyes at the screen walking down the hallway. Free was tough, heck she knew she wasn't going to win. But going out into the stage that wasn't her plan. She wasn't here to win, she was here to get her friend back.