Ep 2: Campfire Tales part 1

The tension was thick in the air like fog on a cloudy day.

Valt, Hyde, Aiger and Vincent walked in silence. There was a heavy feeling in the air of tension and sadness. None of them dared to speak for what had happened.

Valt had been taking it the hardest out of anyone, Vincent was second.

But no matter who was taking it the hardest they could all agree they missed Fubuki. His hard working attitude and determination was also missed.

But Fubuki wasn't the only thing on their minds that evening. Now that everyone knew what Phi and Theodore were really up to led into another question: Were they the last four bladers?

Phi and Theodore had taken everyone it felt like. Friends, rivals, but most importantly family. It almost seemed like most of the blading world was under their control.

Lying down on the ground trying to sleep that question was on Valt's mind.

Where they really the last four Bladers?

And if so why Vincent, Aiger, Hyde and himself. Why did Theodore not come after them?

Turning over Valt tried not to think about it but sleeping felt impossible.

There was a pit in his stomach, a pit of sadness and despair. A feeling of dread. No matter how many times he tossed and turned he just couldn't close his eyes or relax.

"I can't sleep."

Getting up he crawled out of the sleeping bag and started to take watch. For whatever reason he couldn't shake the feeling that Theodore was going to come after when he least expected it.

Behind Valt there was rustling and other noises. Turning around everyone else was awake and the campfire was going.

"Well since we can't sleep we might as well stay up together and do scary stories." Aiger said, taking the flashlight.

Taking the flashlight from Aiger Valt held it underneath his face.

"I'll start us off and I think it's a story you'll all want to hear."

"This is the story of how I met Valerie."

~~~~~~~~~~~Flasback~~~~~~~~~~

"This story takes place when Shu was still under Spryzen's control."

Back then I was still recovering from finding out Shu was Red Eye. I was devastated and one night at BC Sol I went outside for a walk.

As I was walking through the forest I had bumped into a girl. She was lost and scared. She told me her name was Valerie and she was a runaway from the Snake Pit.

I immediately started asking her questions about Shu but to my dismay she didn't know anything about him. But she did recognize the name Red Eye.

She told me he was a ruthless blader who was a lone wolf. I was saddened by what had happened to Shu but at the time I was happy. Happy because I had made a friend.

Or so I thought.

The next morning I wanted to see her in action so we trained together, blading and even hung out together.

At the time she wasn't really good but over time she picked up certain skills and techniques.

But her main ability made her unstoppable. She had the power to copy or mimic others' power and abilities. She could use any bey she wanted and what's worse she knew how to use that bey too.

At night she used to tell me about these horrible nightmares about the Snake Pit. But after a while things started changing and that's when I noticed it.

Since I was training Valerie personally,  people started joking around that she was my pupil. Shu had Fubuki so why couldn't I have one too?

At first she didn't mind but over time it got to her. She started training by herself alone and our relationship was ruined. I tried talking to her convincing her to join us back at BC Sol but she refused.

Saying something about how she was tired of being in my shadow. So she challenged me for the title.

And that's when her real power showed itself. Bladers has been telling me there was something wrong or off about her resonance. Back then I didn't listen but now before the match it was starting to sink in.

The first battle she had me on edge I was saddened and I tried to reach out to her. But she was far too gone, using it against me she used my own teachings and feelings against me.

But the second battle was when things took a turn she tried the same thing and failed. I showed her the true power of blading which caused her downfall.

She lost the title and my respect, enraged she told me she would get revenge one day.

But it wasn't her talking it was Vahagn and I was too late to realize it.

~~~~~End of Flashback~~~~~~~~

"Wow good story." Said Aiger munching on a marshmallow.

As Valt had been telling the story Aiger had gotten into the marshmallows.

Vincent stole one and was making a s'more and so was Hyde. While Aiger just ate out of the bag.

"Wait so Valerie is from the Snake Pit?" Vincent asked.

"Yes." Valt said grabbing a marshmallow from Aiger.

"Wait you didn't know?" Aiger asked.

"No, well yes. It's complicated."

He took the flashlight from Valt.

"I'll tell the next story and this story is from my perspective."

"Back then Valerie wasn't all bad in fact she was the nicest person I knew which made her very annoying to me."

She used to help everyone including people who didn't want her help.

People like Theodore Glass.

Blading was just a hobby for Valerie but Theodore saw something more in her. He told her he needed her help and eventually she just left one day.

No explanation, no reason, not even a goodbye.