Ep 49: The Winter Knight! Free vs Lui

The next morning was the final day of the tournament. Rain pounded on the ceiling and thunder shook the building. But despite the ugly weather the battles still went on.

Starting off the morning was Boa and Norman facing off.

Meanwhile BC Sol sat in their usual spot chilling and watching the battle from below.  Everyone except for Valt and Aiger.

"If this is about Theodore then Fubuki and Shu already talked to me yesterday about them."

Aiger had recently pulled Valt into the hallway away from the rest of the team.

"No this is about the tournament, we can't both go to the finals."

Aiger pointed up at one of the TV's, on it was everyone's scores and in their group Aiger, Emerald and Valt were all tied for the finals.

"Oh,"

"It needs to be you Valt."

"Aiger I..."

"I've fought Phi before but I know you can stop him. I feel it and so does Achilles!"

Aiger held out Achilles at Valt. It sparkled a little in the light.

Valt looked at it for a moment and a memory came flashing back.

Immediately Valt was brought back to the time when Aiger was still corrupted, and they were having a battle. Right before the battle, Aiger had shown Valt his bey with excitement but when the battle had begun the excitement had been replaced with anger and a dark power.

"What was it like?" Valt asked without realizing it.

"What?"

"Being....corrupted."

"Oh."

Aiger looked down and away from Valt, he shifted uncomfortably at the subject.

"Forget I brought it up."

Valt was about to walk away when he felt a tug at his hand.

Aiger had sat down on the bench and patted the space next to him.

Valt sat down putting his arm around him and for a minute they sat together in silence.

"It's hard seeing everyone going through the same thing Shu and I went through, it's a path no blader should tread and yet Phi just doesn't care! He doesn't care about anyone! Not even his own brother Hyde!.....When I was corrupted my perception was warped, I had managed to convince myself I was doing the right thing and that this was just to get stronger but deep down I knew it wasn't right. But it's different now, they may be long gone at this point...."

Aiger trailed off looking down at the ground. Valt put his arm around Aiger reminding him that he was there.

"That's why it needs to be you Valt, I know you've never been corrupted before and I know you'll never understand it but you care. Those bladers down there are all just puppets to Phi. He'll never understand. I've fought Phi before and I know he'll torture you every second he gets. He wants to make you believe you can't win and that you never will."

"But you can't let that fear take over which is why it needs to be you Valt, even when you faced Shu last year you still had a smile on your face. Fubuki and I have been talking and we've decided to help you train, I know it's not much compared to what Theodore is making you do but just know that Fubuki and I will be there."

Valt was surprised at first but then started smiling.

"Thanks Aiger."

Looking back at the TV Silas and Sasha's battle had just concluded with Silas being the winner. Originally Sasha was supposed to fight Valerie that morning while Silas battled Vincent but with both of them gone, it only moved things along.