Ep 37: Battle of the Stars

Joshua Burns stepped onstage striking his signature pose, sparkles flew around him and his teeth glistened.

Shu Kurenai on the other hand rolled his eyes at the sight of Joshua. Going back to his battle he had better things to do.

It was now group 3's turn in the tournament and it was still only day 1. Thinking about it, it was hard to believe it had only been a not even a day.

Looking back at the TV Joshua's competitor stepped onstage.

Zac the former Sunrise stepped onstage causing Shu to look up from what he was doing.

Like the other corrupted bladers he wore full blown Snake Pit attire along with a black mask with yellow highlights.

Turning back to the battle Shu launched again.

In the background the battle had begun with Zac gaining the upper hand easily.

"Hey Shu."

Looking up from what he was doing Valt Aoi stood in the doorway with a friendly smile.

"Valt what are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to check on you, I heard you were going up against Hyde. That  and I wanted to talk to you about Phi."

In the background Joshua was making a big speech about how he would majestically save Free.

"He's getting more relentless and impatient, anyone who gets in his way is instantly turned. There's no fixing someone like him."

"That's not the only thing, Shu."

Shu looked up from his battle back to Valt.

"There's something off about their battle, look."

Looking back at the TV both bladers were locked in battle. But narrowing his eyes Shu could tell there was something wrong with their power.

"It's their resonance, yesterday during the tour Valerie said something about the balance being upset..."

"Valerie... I thought I saw you following her yesterday."

"Yeah but thing is I don't know if she's still with Theodore or not. But based on how she was acting yesterday I think she's gone rogue."

"She's dangerous."

"Which is why Phi takes more priority than her. She may be dangerous but like you said there's no fixing someone like Phi."

******

After Zac was declared the winner the next two bladers stepped onstage.

Hyde and Shu stood across from each other with serious looks.

"Shu Kurenai."

"Hyde."

Shu got into his launching stance while Hyde followed.

"3...2...1! Let it Rip!"

Spryzen sped around the stadium colliding Hades in the middle.

As Hades came in for the attack Spryzen dodged it last minute.

Hades bounced off the wall spinning wildly towards Spryzen.

"Dread Gravity!"

They both collided and flew out of the stadium. Spryzen landed first and then Hades.

The crowd cheered wildly but Shu wasn't fazed.

Picking up Spryzen Shu looked back at Hyde.

"How do you beat him?"