23: Don't Tell Dad

[[TW: little bit of dysphoria(?)]]

[POV - Ukraine]

School is boring. I want to go home, like, home home. Not here. I'm living with the guy that literally knocked me out! I don't even like people and being in a house full of like SEVEN MORE PEOPLE! Soon to be 5, but that's still a lot.

And sleeping in the guy-that-knocked-me-out's bed was just... Let's just say I didn't get much sleep. At least Kaz and Bela got to sleep in the same room and Rus got to sleep by himself but I, Oh I had to sleep with two STRANGERS! And that little fucking hell hound that Mexico had to put in its kennel.

I miss homeee!!! I miss the cloudy blue sky and the ice cream shop in the corner!!!! UGH! "UKRAINE! God are you deaf?!" I snapped my neck in the direction of my younger brothers voice, "HUH?" It seemed as if the whole hallway turned to look at us just from that one word. We were standing near the lockers, getting our stuff.

Its no secret that I was upset, and my sibling knew this, "Anyways, you made friends with some African countries right?" he asked excitedly. I hesitantly nodded — I made a sorta friendship with South Africa but the others know of me, "so I was talking to Mali and Toga and they said there was an ice cream parlor near here and I was wondering if after school we could..." He put the tips of his pointer fingers together and heavily hinted at the conclusion of that sentence. He seemed to be begging. Begging a little too much to be normal. Too needy to be normal for my brother. The only other time he's begged to go somewhere this badly was when-

"we're not going so you can see your crush, Kaz" he stood there defeated. I don't even know who his crush is but it's too early for him to have already found the 'love of his life' or whatever the fuck he thinks he's feeling.

His face flushed red with embarrassment, didn't think I could figure you out, huh. "B-but Raineeeeeee," he kept the high pitch of the end of my name going, it made me feel like my head was being grated against a rough brick wall. "KAZ!" I slammed my locker closed, getting all the heads walking passed staring straight back at us again, I almost immediately regretted my actions.

"please please please!" who even is his crush? I asked him, and he gave me a nervous smile, "i-if I tell y-you, you won't t-tell Rus or Bela right?" Ohhh that suspicious.

I nodded, he excitedly looked at my resting bitch face and whispered his heart out about his little 'crush' on a country named Mongolia...

We've been here for like a week, I rolled my eyes, how the fuck does he have a crush on... Him... Omg him... Ohhh "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE-" "shhhhh!" He quieted me and leaned his back on the locker, rubbing the back of his neck. "I don't... I don't know what I feel..." Oh, he's confused. Hmm, I still don't think Kaz 'loves' him tho.

So, I argued with him. He can't be feeling these things this early, maybe its just physical attraction, I've never known Kaz to 'love' anyone in a romantic way. So I told him. Told him he might just like his body or something, our family is shallow like that. He tried to rebut my point but I still don't think he's right.

Kaz looked beat and thought about what his next words would be. Then the lightbulb went off, "Ok! but what if its only like a friends with benefits type of thing?" Fuck em and leave em huh? Oh god Kaz. I would be disappointed if I wasn't so desensitized. I shrugged an okay and collected my stuff to go to my next class.