Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four: Hospital Wing

" Why didn't you join me for patrol last night? " Y/n yawned. " I was tired. Turns out, I still couldn't sleep. "

Y/n downed another cup of coffee, eating her toast and scrambled eggs. She was still tired, and she was glad Astoria wasn't there right now. Or Y/n would've hexed her and her annoying face.

" Hey, you okay? " Draco asked, noticing her slumped shoulders. Y/n simply hummed and swallowed the piece of food before laying her head on her hands.

Draco shared a worried glance with Elle and Theo. As he opened his mouth to say something, Astoria slid beside her. " Hey, Draco. "

" Hi. What are you doing here? " Draco asked, glancing at Y/n. Y/n wasn't asleep yet. She was wide awake now that she heard that annoying voice. She sighed internally.

She was feeling helpess and scared. What if Draco was distant? She shuddered at the thought. Who would she have if he left?

" Y/n, let's go to Madam Pomfrey. " Elle says, wrapping her arms around her.
" No, I'm fine. " Draco rolled his eyes.

" Get up, N/n. Come on! I'll take you. " Draco says, " We have a date, remember? I think Nott and Tenner are capable of taking her. " Said Astoria fiercely.

Y/n gave her a look. " Yeah, I'll go myself. Please don't annoy me with your voice. " She said and shot up. She was feeling light headed, but she managed to leave the Great Hall.

" Whoa! Hold on, there! " Harry grabbed her arm before she ran into him. Y/n sighed. " You look sick. " He muttered, " Thanks. I know that. " She ran a hand through her hair.

" Do you want to go Madame
Pomfrey? " Harry asked awkwardly, making Y/n chuckle. " No, I'm good. "

She walked past him, her best friends catching up with her.
" Hey, come on, Y/n. You look pale. " Theo argued, grabbing her hand. " My skin is pale, Theo. How come you've never noticed that? "

" I meant it's paler than usual. Can we go now? I'm surprised Malfoy didn't follow you. That git! What's so important to him?! " Theo fumed and
Y/n rolled her eyes.

" Relax, will you? " She laughed tiredly. Elle shook her head called Madame Pomfrey. " What's wrong? "

" Nothing. They're just making a fuss-"

" Doesn't look like nothing to me. What did you eat last time? " Y/n blinked.
" Uh, toast, coffee and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Just now. "

" No, last night. " Madam Pomfrey asks, checking her pulse. " Steak and rice with pumpkin juice. "

" Poisoning. Call professor Snape. " Madam Pomfrey says and Theo nodded. As Y/n layed on the bed, she coughed. Her vision started to get blurry.

" What's wrong? " She could hear Snape's voice. " She's been poisoned, Snape. Thankfully, I do have an antidote."

Was all she heard before she lost her consciousness. Elle gasped and Theo widened his eyes. Snape turned to the two.

" Perhaps Mr. Malfoy would know. "

" Um, professor. I don't think Malfoy will know. He's been busy lately to focus on Y/n." Theo says, rather annoyed.

" And what can be more important to Mr. Malfoy than his-best friend? " Elle hesitated. Why was Snape so intimidating? She thought.

" Greengrass. "

" I see. I'll have to talk with
headmaster. " Snape left the Hospital Wing.