Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight: Sick

" Acho! " Y/n sneezed, her nose red along with her eyes. She was freezing. To say the least, Y/n had never recalled being sick when she played in rain before.

" You should've listened the first time I told you not to go to the game. Who dragged me out? " Draco asked, who was sitting by the edge of the bed beside her, a bowl of soup in his hand.

" I didn't know I'd get sick. " She whined, counting the number of times Draco had already said that. The blond simply rolled his eyes and fed her a spoonful of vegetable soup.

" It's just the flu. You didn't have to drag her all the way to Hospital Wing and feed her the soup. " Pansy said sourly, Blaise and Theo snickering behind her at her tone of jealousy while Crabbe and Goyle howled with laughter.

Draco rolled his eyes. " Hush it,
Parkinson. " Snapped Draco, angry at such a lame question. It was his normal instinct to get worried because he always took care of Y/n when she got sick.

Y/n smiled to herself slightly but couldn't retort Pansy. She had no energy. Her body was drained by the amount of sneezing and coughing. " But what if you catch cold, Drake? "

Y/n sighed, taking in another spoonful of the delicious warm soup, " Thanks for the encouragement, Parkinson. How about you leave us alone? " She said, her voice hoarse and her throat scratchy.

" Why would I-"

" Yes, actually. It'd be good to leave the loverbirds alone. We should go do our essay. " Blaise smirked and Y/n frowned. What were they getting at? But she also didn't have energy to ask nor use her brain for a question or comprahend an answer so she shrugged it off.

While Draco gave Blaise a look. He still couldn't understand why he was being shipped with Y/n of all people. Sure, she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, and was comforting ,funny, cute and amazing to spend time with but he didn't have any romantic feelings for her. He knew that. Or atleast, that's what he assured himself.

Y/n was his best friend, only true friend that understood him and read him like an open book and helped him at times. He wouldn't want to loose her over stupid thing called crush or feelings.

--

It was after two more weeks that Y/n got the news of Buckbeak's execution. She felt bad. She didn't want it dead, after all, it was a beautiful creature which was innocent.

Than again, knowing Lucius Malfoy, she knew that man wouldn't stop unless Buckbeak was dead. The Trio were very angry at Y/n and Draco for the reason, but Y/n also didn't say anything when they passed hallways.

Draco acted like he didn't care, but he was doing everything he could to make Lucius to take the order back and tell minister not to kill the creature.

" He isn't writing back! " He once whined, smashing his fork into thr mashed potato.

" Relax, Dray. I don't think we can do anything about it now. If only Potter can save the day again-"

" Talking about me, I see? Haven't had enough already? " She heard and looked up, finding Harry sitting across from her on the table beside. She rolled her eyes and took a bite of her chicken wing.

" Just shut up. " She mumbled, Harry scoffed. " Guilty, now? Are we? " He was angry as to why Malfoy had to such a drama queen when it was his fault and now Hagrid was sad and Buckbeak was going to die.

Y/n gave him a glare. " We didn't want that thing to die. Nor we knew ministry would lead it somewhere. Tell that friend of yours to not bring his beloved creatures if that bothers you so much! " She said hotly, making Harry roll his eyes.