Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Third Year

" N/n! Wake up. We're leaving today. " Draco shook the girl awake, who groaned.

" I want to sleep. "

" No, get up. " He pulled off the covers and Y/n whined. She got up and threw her black hair in a messy bun. She had grown taller, but not like Draco. He was still a good few inches taller than her and be still teased her about it.

Her features were a little clearer and sharper, proving that the puberty had hit her very well. Her hair now reached her shoulder blades. Yes, she cut it.

" Shorty. " She slapped Draco's chest and got off his bed. She reached only his ears and he called her Shorty. Tiredly stumbling her way to Draco's bathroom, she got ready and hurried downstairs for breakfast.

It was drastic change and she still wasn't used to it. Her parents were way more busy than ever, and were completely ignoring her presence. They didn't even call her back for Christmas and Summer but Narcissa was always there.

So, Y/n had spent her last two summers and Christmas in the Malfoy Manor with Draco. It was fun but she still missed her parents.

She didn't know what went wrong.
They were so happy and were acting like parents when she left for her first year.

Than, they started to response late to her letters and than the replies never came nor she was welcomed back with her parents but the house elves.

She settled beside Draco and smiled at Narcissa. " Morning, Narcissa. "

" Good morning, love. Did you sleep well? " She smiled kindly and Y/n nodded. " Yeah, quite well. Moon was with me. " She smirked, Draco groaning.

Draco still hated the cat. It always scratched his legs if he didn't let Y/n sleep with her and he had to sleep beside it. Narcissa chuckled at the two and shook her head.

" Poppy, bring breakfast. "

Suddenly, a house elf appeared with breakfast. Y/n thanked him and started eating. She actually felt free. There were no restrictions to her in this Manor. She was allowed to be nice to the house elves when Lucius wasn't home and she was allowed to wear anything she wants.

She wasn't forced to eat healthy to maintain her figure and beauty and Narcissa never acted on her habits like Darius did. He'd always cut her off and correct her but Narcissa always seemed okay with it.

She wondered what happened? If there was no way to get them back but than again, she wasn't sure if she wanted to. They were almost rude to her, manipulating and controlling.

When she finished breakfast, she excused herself and hurried to Draco's room. Taking a shower, she wore one of Draco's shirt and her sweatpants and grabbed a book.

Sitting in the balcony, she started reading it. Draco came not minutes later and sighed. He knew she was always sad even though she smiled and never showed it.

He knew because, well, even Narcissa and Lucius were being a little ignorant towards him but he decided not to take count of it since they weren't completely ignoring him. What worried him was Y/n.

" Hey. " He sat beside her on the small leather couch, peeking in the book.
" Hi. Can't I come like this? It's comfy. "

She pouted, setting her book aside.
" No. Go change. " He snickered and Y/n huffed.

" Fine. But I'm keeping these. " She smirked, tugging the shirt and sweatpants.

Draco rolled his eyes but nodded.
" You've stole too many, I need to buy some more. " He reasoned and Y/n laughed, closing the bathroom door behind her.