Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Christmas

" Wake up!!! Draco?! It's Christmas! "
Y/n yelled, jumping on the bed Draco was sleeping in. The blond groaned and opened his eyes, only to find Y/n looking at him with beaming eyes.

" Give me my present. "She grinned and Draco rolled his eyes. " Not yet. " He quickly left for the bathroom before she could force him and Y/n huffed.

She went to her room in the Malfoy Manor and got changed. She wore an expensive but ugly sweater like she did every Christmas and threw her hair into a messy bun.

Making her way downstairs, she found Narcissa setting the table. " Morning! Happy Christmas! " She cheered, Narcissa chuckling. " Happy Christmas, darling. Good morning. "

" What are we having? Please tell me its pancakes that you make every Christmas? "She pouted and Narcissa nodded with a smile.

" Lucius is going to be home, " Said the older lady with a hint of sadness in her voice, " Along with Aria and Darius. "
Y/n's smile fell, her mood instantly turning sour.

" Oh. "

Was all she could say as she sat down on the chair, waiting for Draco to arrive. When he did, he looked between his mother and Y/n, who was aimlessly poking her finger at the table.

" Wha-"

" I'm so happy you could join this
year! " Lucius's happy voice cut in, making Draco look over at the door. There came Y/n's parents. He wondered how they even had the heart to come.

Y/n hasn't been look forward to spend Christmas thinking they won't be here and now they are here and what surprised him even more was they acted like nothing happened. Like they didn't ignore Y/n for two years straight.

" Y/n! How are you, my darling? " Aria rushed forward to hug the girl but Y/n shot up. " I'll be in my room. "

And with that said, she rushed upstairs and slammed the door shut. " I'm sorry about her. She's quite mad you know... " Narcissa started to explain and Draco shook his head.

" I'll check on her. " He says, " Oh, no. It's fine, Draco. She'll need some time for herself. You should join us for breakfast. " Darius says and Draco hesitantly sat down.

After the awfully formal and plain breakfast, they shared gifts. When it was finally time for Draco to leave, he didn't waste any second.

Rushing to his room, he grabbed Y/n's gifts and headed to her room. " Y/n? " He knocked, hearing no response.

He sighed and opened the door, finding
Y/n sitting by the edge of the bed, hugging her knees. Hearing light sniffles, he quickly locked the door and rushed to her side.

" Hey. " He set aside the gifts and brought the girl into his chest. He hated watching her cry. " How can they pretend like nothing happened? " She asked quitely, wiping away the tears before they could escape.

" Shush. It's fine, N/n. Forget about them. See, I've got you gifts. You'll love them. " He said and wiped away the stray tears on her cheeks before sitting beside her and grabbing his gifts.

Y/n took the box, which was delicately wrapped into a silver and green wrapper, with a nice ribbon on it. When she opened the box, she giggled, causing Draco to smile. " It's not the actual gift, is it? "

 " It's not the actual gift, is it? "