Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two: News and Sacrifice.

The whole week was spent miserablly worrying by Y/n and Draco. They couldn't focus on the Cabinet, Aria's letter completely occupying their thoughts.

There was no letter after that. And it only put Y/n and Draco on the edge. When the weekend finally arrived, Y/n quickly got ready and sighed.

A groan escaped her lips as she tried to reach the zip. " Damn it! " The nervousness made her shaky, and Y/n just got annoyed further.

Draco, seeing the struggle, sighed and made his way towards her. " Relax. " He looked at her through the mirror, pulling up the zip in the process.
" We're going to find out. Just relax. " He hugged her comfortingly from behind and kissed her cheek.

" Let's go. " She let out a deep breath.

The whole walk towards Snape's office was quite, filled with tensed breathing. Draco knocked on the door and entered without waiting for an answer, dragging Y/n along.

Snape looked the usual, emotionless. But there was something close to regret in his eyes. " Take the floor powder. " He ordered.

Y/n did as said and stepped beside Draco. " Malfoy Manor. " Draco said clearly and Y/n did the same.

Once she reached in the familiar Manor, she was pulled in a hug instantly. " How are you? " It was her father. She went still. Snape arrived after them, making his way towards Narcissa and Aria.

" I'm fine, father. Are you okay? " Darius let go of her and nodded. " I'm very proud of you. " He smiled weakly. He looked horrible.

He had lost weight, dark circles under his eyes were darker than anything and his skin was sickly pale. Dementors had done an effect on both Lucius and her father.

" Let's have a talk. " He motioned her towards the couch. Y/n realised why she was here and the nervousness started to bubble up again.

" Lucius, take Draco, please. "

Y/n frowned, along with Draco.
" Why? " She asks, but no one answered. Aria was standing by the side of the couch, hugging herself.

Narcissa and Lucius led Draco away, who gave Y/n a reluctant look but left.
" Y/n, honey. Sit. "

Y/n, in all confusion, sat down and looked at her parents confused, than glanced at Snape, who was not looking at her at all.

" Honey, you need to understand us, okay? We're doing this for you. "

Y/n nodded, not knowing what to say. If only she knew what the matter was. Aria took a deep breath and sat beside her, placing a shaky hand on her shoulder.

" You know how the Dark Lord is angry at me. We're doing everything in our will to win his trust back so we'll be engaging you with Rabastan. "

" Who? " Y/n asked, dumbfounded. There was no way she'd marry herself off to a stranger. " Rabastan
Lestrange. "

Y/n widened her eyes, shooting up.
" No. No way! I'm not- what are you talking about? Can you even hear yourself? " She asked, her anger rising.

He returned after weeks, ruining her life, only to ask her to marry someone she didn't know, that too, a lunatic Lestrange probably.

" Don't speak to me like that, young lady. We're doing this for you. " Darius stood up, seeming annoyed. Y/n scoffed.

" For me? Oh, please! Don't give me that nonsense. I've had enough already. I am not marrying some stranger just because you want to prove yourself. Mother! Why don't you tell him something? "