Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two: Umbitch

" I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free, Potter! I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it. " Draco spat as they walked past the Trio by the station.

Harry lunged forward, causing Y/n to jump in. " Boys, relax. " She pushed Draco further towards the carriage,
" What did I tell you? A nutter really! "

" JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME! " They heard Harry yell and Y/n sighed.
" Come on, Draco. " They climbed the carriage, which pulled away almost instantly.

The ride was short and comfortable, so they had no problems settling in their Slythein table, back in Hogwarts' warmth.

" I'm starving. " Y/n whined, letting her head fall on Draco's shoulder. Apparently, she realised he's more taller over the summer. Draco smirked. " Shorty. "

" Blondie. " Draco looked surprised at the new nickname but snickered and shook his head. When Y/n scanned over the staff table, she spotted one person she hated most. Dolores Umbridge.

" What is she doing here? " Elle, who seemed to be noticing the same , asked.
" Who? " Daphne butted in, chorusing either Blaise.

" Dolores Umbridge, Senior Undersecretary of Fudge. " Y/n answered, huffing. " She's so pink, it makes me want to puke. "

" Gives off a bad vibe. " Pansy said. Much to everyone's surprise, Pansy had been quite nice ever since they had met in compartment, to everyone. But who minded it.

Y/n thought she could use some peace while it lasts. " Why is ministry interfering Hogwarts? " Asked Theo, a frown on his face like everyone. " Can't you see? Fudge is trying to keep an eye on Dumbledore snd Potter like this. Making sure they don't make everyone believe Voldemort is back. "

As Y/n used the name, the group flinched. " Jeez, sorry. " She giggled, shaking her head.

" Oh, she's a definite trouble. "

Dumbledore stood up, getting everyone's attention. " There's time for speech, but this is not. Tuck in. "

And the food was served. Draco piled
Y/n's plate almost instantly, to which she smiled and started eating after a thanks.

" How was summer anyway? " Asked Blaise, earning a groan from Pansy.
" Boring. I went to America with mother.... " Y/n and others watched amused as Blaise and Pansy got along well.

" Are you seeing what I'm seeing? " She whispered to others, who nodded.
" Wierd. "

Daphne giggled. " Not at all. She was saying she spent most of the time with him lately. "

" Oh! " Everyone chorused before they went back to their dessert, wierded out. When they were done, Dumbledore got up for speech.

" Well, now that we are all digesting another magnificent feast, I beg a few moments of your attention for the usual start-of-term notices. First years ought to know that the forest in the grounds is out of bounds to students — and a few of our older students ought to know by now too.”
Dumbledore looked over at Fred and George Weasley, who were snickering. Y/n chuckled.

Out of all Weasleys, Y/n had to agree, the Twins were the coolest.

"...Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me, for what he tells me is the four hundred and sixty-second time, to remind you all that magic is not permitted in corridors between classes, nor are a number of other
things, all of which can be checked on the extensive list now fastened to Mr. Filch’s office door.

We have had two changes in staffing this year. We are very pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be taking Care of Magical Creatures lessons; we are also delighted to introduce Professor Umbridge, our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.”

Y/n could imagine Gryffindoes fussing over disappearance of Hagrid, but she couldn't care less. " Imagine Gryffindorks having a fit for disappearance of the oaf! "
Y/n joked, making everyone laugh.

“...Tryouts for the House Quidditch teams will take place on the —”

Dumbledore's speech was rudely interrupted with a " Hem, hem. " By the new professor, “Thank you, Headmaster,” Professor Umbridge simpered, “for those kind words of welcome.”

Her voice was overly sweet, that made almost everyone in that big room cringe, especially Y/n. " Merlin! " She mittered under her breath.

After the dismissal, Draco got up.
" Whoa, slow down there, Tiger. We need to show first years their way. " Y/n smirked, making her way the group of first years, they looked intimidated.

" Alright, follow me you lot. "

Draco walked side by side, not bothering about the bunch of kids behind him.

" Password is Serpent to enter the common room. Do not tell anyone that except your housemates. " Y/n warned and they stepped in.

After telling the kids their ways, Y/n sighed. " I'm never having kids. " Draco laughed.

" Why are we talking about that now? "

" Because I just found out I hate kids. " Y/n giggled, making her way to the stairs. She was grabbed by her arm,
" Now you slow down, Tigress. I think you forgot prefects get their own
room. "

Y/n blushed, nodding. " And that happens to be on the boys' side. Come on! " Draco led the girl up the stairs. They passed small hallways and corridors before reaching two doors by the end of the hallway.

Draco pushed open the first door, finding it was his. " That's yours. " He pointed, beaming. Y/n laughed, knowing what exactly he was thinking. Cuddling. " Fine, after patrol. "

She patted his arm before walking in and closing the door behind her. Looking around, she admired the room. It was a little spacious since it contained only one king size bed.

It was decorated in silver and green embroidery on the curtains and emblem. Y/n liked it very much and the thought of spending three more years here sounded nice.

When she changed, she did her night routine and left the room, finding Draco, who was about to knock,
" Hello, there. Ready? "

--

" I'm glad I could dock points! " Draco smirked, falling on his bed. Y/n laughed, nodding. She got into the covers and his arms at once, letting him wrap it around them.

" It's more fun if it's Gryffindors. Wait till I see Granger and Weasley. " Y/n said, her eyes closed, ready to sleep.
" Night. " Draco smiled.

" Mhm.. Night, Dray. " She kissed his jaw before nuzzling her head in the crook of his neck.

End

Words Count: 1061

𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 || 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara