Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Thirty-Five: Christmas Ball

Draco woke up, finding Y/n snuggled in his chest. She was clutching on his shirt, and the ring she was wearing was shining due to the sunlight.

He didn't know why, but he felt a sense of pride by watching that ring on her hand. It meant she was his. Solely and Completely. He was glad, he atleast didn't need to watch Y/n being forcefully married to a man that could turn mental any passing second.

Knowing he slid the ring in her hand, gave him relief and joy to no extent. Even though the two believed there were no romatic feelings between them, Draco never believed he'd be able to watch Y/n with someone else.

It just never seemed right.

Realising he's staring, he smiled to himself and tucked the strand of her hair behind her ear. Draco adored her. He knew her value and he never said it, but he was scared of loosing her too.

Having her by his side for all these years, had made him attached to her. She was special and he knew it, because Draco was okay with being vulnerable in front of her. To be himself around him, he didn't need any effort.

She always brings the best out of him and to hang onto himself, he needed
Y/n. At first, he used to think as maybe his best friend, and now, his fiancée. It felt weird to say it, but it also gave him comfort. Knowing no matter what, they won't be seprated now.

Y/n stirred, squinting her eyes. " Hi. " She grinned, making Draco instantly chuckle. " What's making you so happy?"

" Oh, nothing. I just woke up and I feel quite cheery. " She beamed, stretching slightly. Draco wondered how someone can possible look so flawless.

" We're leaving today. "

" Glad to know. I was thinking, maybe it's time we imperio Pince and get into restricted section. " Y/n says, throwing her hair into a messy bun.

Saying that made her feel burdened, but she had to do it. To save herself, Draco and their- her family. The ring in her hand reminded her. Draco nodded.

" Guess so. "

Y/n left for her room to get ready and took out clothes to wear. She was going from Floor Network to Snape's office in Hogwarts, so she didn't need to particularly dress fancy.

She decided to go with a long sleeved short dress. She did her hair and slight make up before grabbing her small packed bag and left the room.

" Ready? " Draco asks, reaching to her and she nodded. The two walked down the stairs, finding their parents in the living room, talking happily.

Y/n was happy knowing she was the reason to being the smile on their faces at such time with Draco. She was feeling nice.

" Come on! Snape said Floo Networks close soon. " Both bid goodbye to their parents and stood in the chimney.
" Snape's office, Hogwarts. "

The green flames engulfed them, landing them in Snape's office. Y/n dusted off her clothes and hair, stepping out.

Snape stood there, a rare and small smile on his face. He was happy to say. The ring in Y/n's hand that belonged to Malfoy Family made him relieved and happy.

No matter how rude and cold the professor was, it was clear to everyone he had a soft spot for Y/n and Draco. His godchildren. Even if he was same monotonous with them, it had killed him to watch them become death eaters.

He wasn't looking forward to watching Y/n getting forced into marrying Lestrange and he was glad the decision Draco made. They'd eventually realise it, and he knew it.