ChiHaru Sunday Bromance Special

Ren left Bridgette's place happily after stuffing much pancakes in his tummy. "Hey, don't you dare eat those pancakes. It's for Shuu!" She reminded him as he walks out her door.

"Sure, my lady. Would you like to give me, perhaps a good night kiss? What do you think?" he playfully said, crossing his fingers in hopes of her agreement.

"Fuzakenai yo!" she icily answered. He just laughed at her. "Go home now."

"I'll see you in my dreams?"

"No. I'm busy. Good night." She was about to close her door when she stopped and shyly looked at him. "And thanks."

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆

Aki had been anxious about Bridgette's absence for the past two days. She just mailed him that morning, telling him she won't be at school for two days without stating her reasons.

He had been dialing her number thrice now; he always turns it off after a ring or two. She picked up her phone on his fourth attempt.

"Hullo?"

"Bridgette..."

"How are you Aki san?" He bit his lip as he listened to her voice. He's still upset about what'd happened in Shibuya. He acted in rush without thinking about her feelings.

"I'm fine now," Aki answered, relief was reflected in his voice. "Just a little busy with the upcoming sports festival, and a lot worried about a girl who skipped her classes without telling me her reasons."

Bridgette laughed softly over the phone. He wanted to scold her for being so easy on him. He heard Bridgette sighed. "Maybe the girl was sick, or have personal matters she can't disclose to anyone. Or she simply doesn't want to talk to anyone. I bet she informed her teacher about her absence, though."

"She should've at least mailed me. I'm going out of my mind wondering how she's doing."

Silence roamed in his room. Aki thought over the words he'd just said. Indeed, he feels like falling out of sanity whenever she's not around.

"Aki san, do you have something to tell me?"

I can't tell her that, can I?

"Aki..."

"Don't miss the sports fest. That's all." he suddenly blurted. What am I saying?! And why do I suddenly sound like Onimura sensei?

He took a mental note not to hang out with the teacher too much, which, he figured, is close to impossible as he advises the student council. Quite talented for a young man of late twenties.

"Oh, okay." Aki was surprised when she spoke. His mind was busy thinking of the probable worst case scenarios with his plans that he almost forgot that he's talking to Bridgette.

"Aki san, you still there?"

"I'm going to sleep now."

"Are you... Still mad at me?"

Aki exhaled his grief. He wanted to tell her how he really feel about her but he's afraid of rejection.

"I'm not. I'm just tired. Let's talk about this sometime. Good night."

Aki waited for her response. He only got 'yeah, good night.' from her. He glanced at his watch. It reads six-thirty in the evening.

"What's wrong with me? There's no way she'll believe my words."

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

Bridgette was awaken by a phone call from London. It was Sunday, and she's usually up before seven to take on her jogging routine by the park. She'd spent her night watching anime and pondering on what she should do with Aki and Ren. Like I have a choice, she sighed.